Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn (in three weeks) nearly sold out!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Another 11 released in the upper tier bit of S1F. They are highlighted as restricted view. I can't think of any reason why the view would be restricted from these seats?

Mystery to me too. Only thing I can think of are those 5 (or so) rows at the back that are raised that sometimes have a small segregation screen between the home and away fans... but you only see that screening when there are more away fans occupying the south stand, like Arsenal in the cup.

Perhaps there's a rather tall man with an Afro sitting in front of those seats?

Last edited:

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I know this doesn't relate to the Blackburn game but I'm hoping to take my 5 year old boy to his first game against Wigan on Monday 17 April. We're coming down from Leicestershire so hoping to make a long weekend of it. What are the chances of getting a ticket in the family end come Thursday when they become available for general release?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I know this doesn't relate to the Blackburn game but I'm hoping to take my 5 year old boy to his first game against Wigan on Monday 17 April. We're coming down from Leicestershire so hoping to make a long weekend of it. What are the chances of getting a ticket in the family end come Thursday when they become available for general release?

The family areas have had hardly any availability on a match day for most of the season in my experience as I have taken my 7 yr old daughter a handful of times. We have sat in the South on a couple of occasions though which has been fine. They should be on general sale now though so get in quick would be my advice.

Should be OK if you're quick off the mark. There are still a number of seats for Brum in these areas and this has been on sale for a while, although admittedly none together

There are likely to be loads released in the south for this one. A front row seat here would be easy to snag.

Also, although timing would be a lottery, if the game is going to sell out (sure it will) at some point the club usually release the front row disable seats. There are about 20 of these that pop up at the front of S1A and S1B.

Finally, the club may release seats on the shelf, which I understand is normally populated by kids/youth groups, youth footy clubs or schools etc.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The family areas have had hardly any availability on a match day for most of the season in my experience as I have taken my 7 yr old daughter a handful of times. We have sat in the South on a couple of occasions though which has been fine. They should be on general sale now though so get in quick would be my advice.

He has already said that they are not on general sale until this coming Thursday!

boik

That's a bit unfair. I know many Albion fans who are not season ticket holders, and for whatever reason, are unable to attend on a regular basis. That doesn't make them JCLs - if they pays their money to support the club then they're true fans..

Indeed. I was a regular since about 74, but now that I'm retired I can't afford to go so often. Sure there must be others in the same boat.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
They will be easy to spot as they will be holding their phones up during the game

So what if kids or fans in the East Stand or elsewhere want to do this once a game for a few minutes.
Really boorish and bullying for other fans and others to shout em down telling em how to behave.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All this JCL bullshit is becoming a little tedious.

The more fans the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

We all had a first game at some time in our lives

Precisely, couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Again I'm sure this will be of limited help, but if the club release it, and if you can get tickets I'd recommend taking your boy onto the Shelf above NW corner. You'll have a phenomenal view of the action, in your own small 'section' but you'll also be right smack bang above all the (Albion) noise.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Again I'm sure this will be of limited help, but if the club release it, and if you can get tickets I'd recommend taking your boy onto the Shelf above NW corner. You'll have a phenomenal view of the action, in your own small 'section' but you'll also be right smack bang above all the (Albion) noise.

Do the Shelf tickets become available at a later date or with the general sale tickets? I'm not sure I have the nerve to hold out. Strangley desperate for him to see his first game this season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry I genuinely don't know when they're released (or when it is decided what use the shelf will have for that game). You're probably best off in the South as per [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION]'s advice.

Hope your lad has the time of his life!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do the Shelf tickets become available at a later date or with the general sale tickets? I'm not sure I have the nerve to hold out. Strangley desperate for him to see his first game this season.

Depends how many organisers have applied for groups. It's a gamble to hold out for shelf tickets.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Depends how many organisers have applied for groups. It's a gamble to hold out for shelf tickets.

Whilst everyone is being so helpful..........any hotel or guest house recommendations in Brighton or close to town for us both to stay for a couple of nights?!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All this JCL bullshit is becoming a little tedious.

The more fans the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

We all had a first game at some time in our lives

I didn't, I've always been a SuperFan, my first game was actually my 100th. I stay until they start closing the doors at the Amex so I can clap the catering staff off and haven't missed a game for thrity years because nothing else more important happens in my life .... ever.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They will be easy to spot as they will be holding their phones up during the game

Was quite amused to see at least 2 phones being waved with the torch on up in the Director's area of the 1901 during the Derby game. Bloody JCLs!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here