Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I have been surrounded by the deluded lumps for years ,and listened to their bile about our club and soton in fact any blo*dy team ,how they have the best fans ,the best team ,the best support ,how they have held the FA cup the longest zzzzzzzzzzz and how we are sh*te ,got plastic fans a crap ground ,I could go on .You would get them venturing into Chichester and Bognor with their blo*dy chupa chups or whatever shirts on, in fact their was one that used to hang a huge pompous flag outside his bedroom window in Chichester and wondered why local residents complained about it ,last time I went by it was changed to a CPFC one ,eh whats all that about .You could always tell a pompous fan by the way they chewed their fags and showed of their tattoos and the way they scurried about with beady little eyes ,and that was the women .They are so up their own anal passages that they refuse to believe they are in turmoil and that the good old days are just around the corner. Capped off with the arrogance of them which certainly does not endear other fans to them .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not really surprising for those in West Sussex though is it. Here in the east they don't register but I imagine if you know a few Pompey fans then it'd feel different.

Very much this. West Sussex residents supporting Scummy Hampshire planks. Laughing at us for years and thinking they are the best supporters in the world. Let them rot........its not that they don't deserve it!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
A friend of my wife's split up with her husband and got together with a portsmouth fan. As I'm still friendly with her ex I've tried to hold a line so that I'm not seen to be favouring or sleighting one or other of them. Until this weekend when she wanted our boys to meet her new man. She was saying how he would love to talk football with them at which point my eldest (6) confirmed his loyalties by saying 'but Portsmouth are nearly as bad as palace' and then regaling how we beat them in the cup at withdean, and Vicente's performance against them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have been surrounded by the deluded lumps for years ,and listened to their bile about our club and soton in fact any blo*dy team ,how they have the best fans ,the best team ,the best support ,how they have held the FA cup the longest zzzzzzzzzzz and how we are sh*te ,got plastic fans a crap ground ,I could go on .You would get them venturing into Chichester and Bognor with their blo*dy chupa chups or whatever shirts on, in fact their was one that used to hang a huge pompous flag outside his bedroom window in Chichester and wondered why local residents complained about it ,last time I went by it was changed to a CPFC one ,eh whats all that about .You could always tell a pompous fan by the way they chewed their fags and showed of their tattoos and the way they scurried about with beady little eyes ,and that was the women .They are so up their own anal passages that they refuse to believe they are in turmoil and that the good old days are just around the corner. Capped off with the arrogance of them which certainly does not endear other fans to them .

Don't like them then?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What I do find weird, is you can pretty much mention any Southern team on here and many Northern ones too and at least one supporter will pop up on here to defend them, but we really are an irrelevance to one of our nearest neighbours.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What I do find weird, is you can pretty much mention any Southern team on here and many Northern ones too and at least one supporter will pop up on here to defend them, but we really are an irrelevance to one of our nearest neighbours.

I don't mind that, I have no need to feel like they loathe us anywhere near as much as they do Saints. It doesn't stop me laughing at their demise though. They'd still bite your hand off to be in our position right now :D

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Strangely though, it was smattering of Pompey pricks that stuck out as the biggest dicks, hence my intense dislike for said shite club. Conversely, nearly all Palace fans I've ever met I've actually quite liked. So whilst I enjoy beating them (and Southampton) more than any of the other clubs, I find myself wishing most ill on the skate wankers.

There it is in a nutshell. The sooner they vanish the better as far as I'm concerned.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I proper dislike Portsmouth.

Way, way more than Palace. In fact it is our real derby for me.

I want them to survive of course, just bumping around at the bottom of League 2 or the conference.

One of my first matches was at the Goldstone, knocking them out of the FA Cup when they were a league higher than us. That sealed the deal.

Palace who?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Hmmm cant understand what gave you that idea Green cross code man.Perhaps I need to think about that one ....I know perhaps its because you are from Eastbourne and are lucky enough to not come into contact with them like I do.

D

Deleted member 2719

Living in Worthing we're safely inside the protective Albion bubble, but if you venture any farther West there used to be lots and lots of Chavvy Pompey scum about.

Littlehampton is very much a border town out here in the West; don't be fooled by the West Sussex postal addresses of places West of there - Chichester and Bognor were Pompey strongholds.

I'm not sure how it is now - I'd hope we're making huge gains in the West since our fates have gone in different directions.

One thing worth bearing in mind was that before the Palace 'thing' we hated Portsmouth FC a lot more and a lot longer. And to be honest, I still do. :)

The Albion in the community have been firmly camped in this part of Sussex for years now and building a good foundation of younger fans, with the Amex and the regular Championship footie at least, i would like to confirm that this part of Sussex is loving it.

:clap::clap::clap:

Pompey fans hopefully will be all but extinct soon.

Praise the lord.:rave:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
When the Albion were up north earlier this season, I took the opportunity to pop along to Pompey for the visit of Exeter.

I remember Exeter fans chanting ”Premier League and you f’cked it up” and thought it would end there but then they moved onto “Championship and you f*cked it up” and then went through League One and two versions too!

My abiding memory of that game though was the twenty minutes of solid singing in respect of Adam “Stanno” Stansfield, the former Exeter striker who died a couple of years back while still under 30. It starts off a little muted as Pompey are 3-1 and to some extent coasting but just keeps growing as City pull it back to 3-2 and are pushing hard for an equaliser in injury time. Meanwhile the wall of noise from the home end can’t be heard apart from the odd “Blue Army” right at the end.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
I will go.

And will have a little CHORTLE to myself as I look back to 10 years ago that very day, when Portsmouth were on their way to 13th place in the Premier League and getting a 1-1 draw at Liverpool in the 5th Round of the FA Cup, while AFC Wimbledon were battling to escape from The Combined Counties League.

Hilarious

Suggest a "payment" plan for the ticket. How about they get 2% in a couple of years time...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When the Albion were up north earlier this season, I took the opportunity to pop along to Pompey for the visit of Exeter.

I remember Exeter fans chanting ”Premier League and you f’cked it up” and thought it would end there but then they moved onto “Championship and you f*cked it up” and then went through League One and two versions too!

That is CLASS :clap2:

Pompey Twats.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Braintree on a Tuesday night"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Local derby v Havent & Waterlooville getting closer

I can picture it now , Pompey fans holding up their little silver foil FA Cups to commemorate the local derby.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here