Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Milan (1) v (0) Man Yoo
Arsenal (1) v (3) B Munich
Chelsea (1) v (2) Barcelona
Leverkusen (1) v (3) Liverpool

I've a sneaky suspicion they're all going to be knocked out. And whilst I'll be hoping that doesn't happen, it would quite honestly be very very comical.

Apart from the bin dippers (the only team who aren't losing), I actually think United are the only other team who might still be in the competition come the end of the week.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Milan (1) v (0) Man Yoo
Arsenal (1) v (3) B Munich
Chelsea (1) v (2) Barcelona
Leverkusen (1) v (3) Liverpool

Milan go through
Aresenal go through
Chelsea go through
Liverpool go through

thats what i think but hey what do i know.
:D

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
I think Liverpool will be ok, prehaps Chelsea, but I do not hold out much chance for Manure and Arsenal

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My predictions

Milan 2-1 Man U (3-1 Agg to Milan)
Arsenal 0-1 B Munich (4-1 Agg to BM)
Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona (4-3 Agg to Barca)
Leverkusen 4-0 Liverpool (5-3 Agg to Leve)

Sad, but likely IMHO

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Scoffers said:
My predictions

Milan 2-1 Man U (3-1 Agg to Milan)
Arsenal 0-1 B Munich (4-1 Agg to BM)
Leverkusen 4-0 Liverpool (5-3 Agg to Leve)

Sad, but likely IMHO
I wouldn't rush to disagree with that.

I'll go for:

Milan 1-1 Man U (2-1 Agg to Milan)
Arsenal 2-1 B Munich (4-3 Agg to BM)
Leverkusen 3-1 Liverpool (4-4 Agg - Leve on pens)

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I think 3.

Chelsea will beat Barcelona, I just can't see Mourinho letting his side lose given the verbals that are going on. Robben and Duff are the key to that game for Chelsea's point of view.

Surely even Liverpool can Fcuk up a 2 goal lead with Gerrard back. Can they?

I also have a suspicion that Man U will come back against Milan. Their record over the years against Italian opposition shows they are not dead and buried yet. I'll certainly be backing them to win on the night.

Arsenal though are as good as out for me. With No Campbell there is no way they will keep the requisite clean sheet.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I can see Arsenal going through with a jammy late goal - they've got a better chance of doing it than their first leg performance deserved - a 2-0 win is quite possible, although Bayern will be looking forward to facing that defence again.

Chelsea also don't have that improbable a task in front of them - 1-0 would do it - but I can't see Barca failing to score, and Chelsea still lack a decent centre-forward, especially with their closest thing to that, Drogba, out.

Milan look too good to let United beat them at home - plus they've got enough to score if they need to.

Liverpool have probably done enough, but are quite capable of self-destructing.

Arsenal 2-0 Bayern
Chelsea 2-2 Barca
Milan 1-1 United
Leverkusen 2-1 Liverpool

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Just Liverpool

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For some reason, I now have a sneaky suspicion that United will come good after all. Then again, Gary Neville is out which means Wes Brown comes in, so maybe not.

Chelsea will be without Robben - so I can't see them beating Barca.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forecasts:

Chelsea 1 Barcelona 0 (Chelsea win on away goals)

Milan 1 Manchester United 1 (United win on away goals)

Arsenal 1 Bayern Munich 2 (Arsenal mess it up, big time)

Bayern Laverkusen 3 Liverpool 0 (Liverpool just look ordinary and get beaten easily)

I don't even count Chelsea as English (they are Russian with internationals), Arsenal are French but can be attractive to watch, Manchester United are more British but their fans are a pain, and Liverpool are just memories of 25 years ago.

I am not sure I am going to bother to watch the Barcelona match, or even of I care less who wins. If Barcelona play attractive football, I might prefer them to win. Come to think of it, I might prefer them to win anyway.

I think I would prefer Arsenal and Liverpool to get through, probably support Manchester UNityed, but I am not sure I could care less about Chelsea and that is the match on the TV. Best if Chelsea go out and the others go through, or else we might have to watch Chelsea again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports