Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwood bid rejected!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would hope that, should Hull get close to the valuation of the players, Tony would ask for a small add on as part of the deal: Nigel Adkins to come to the Amex for our opening game of the season wearing a t-shirt displaying the words 'SEVEN YEARS TOO LATE' and, at half-time, provide a solo honour guard for our invited guests, the 2010/11 League One Championship winning side.

Quite, he really was a bit of an arse about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not understand why we should not accept the first bid if it is around our valuation of the player. as with selling a car or house we put a price on it that we would ideally like but also a price that we would accept so if ttat price if offered why not accept or you can hold out for the top price and perhaps lose the sale.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I do not understand why we should not accept the first bid if it is around our valuation of the player. as with selling a car or house we put a price on it that we would ideally like but also a price that we would accept so if ttat price if offered why not accept or you can hold out for the top price and perhaps lose the sale.

Perhaps that is why Tony Bloom is a Billionaire and you are not?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Perhaps that is why Tony Bloom is a Billionaire and you are not?

Indeed; first rule of eBay... never accept the first offer. Never. Perhas we should sell Norwood and Skalak via eBay, we’d only be paying £3 fees this weekend. I’d like to see the item description’s... I digress, ahem.

That said; i’m not a billionaire either :( about a billion £ shy as they say.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is where the Argus mentioned he arrived on a free transfer - Brighton and Hove Albion turn down bid from Fulham for Oliver Norwood

So the Argus report he's signed for an undisclosed fee, and later report that it was for free. Anyone would think they just print bollox. Let's just hope Chaileyjem doesn't find out, it would break his heart.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'll be really surprised if he doesn't end up at Fulham. He did a good job for them, they know what they're getting, surely £3 for a minimum risk, reliable second choice CM for a promoted team is a gimmie.

I've lost track a bit of the balance of our squad with all the newbies but wouldn't be disappointed if he stays here.

Solid.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I'll be really surprised if he doesn't end up at Fulham. He did a good job for them, they know what they're getting, surely £3 for a minimum risk, reliable second choice CM for a promoted team is a gimmie.

I've lost track a bit of the balance of our squad with all the newbies but wouldn't be disappointed if he stays here.

Solid.

Problem is that after Cairney came back from injury, Norwood didn't get a look in and their form massively improved.

They've now signed the highly rated Seri from Nice, also a CM.

I think they've probably moved beyond Norwood now, upper Champ is his level.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Problem is that after Cairney came back from injury, Norwood didn't get a look in and their form massively improved.

They've now signed the highly rated Seri from Nice, also a CM.

I think they've probably moved beyond Norwood now, upper Champ is his level.

If they were serious about signing Norwood they would have done so by now. Fulham have moved on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If they were serious about signing Norwood they would have done so by now. Fulham have moved on.

Yes, they have. So have we - so now we need to find a buyer. Useful player in the right set-up in the Championship, but I think it's more a case of trying to find someone to buy him now rather than trying to show a profit on the deal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So the Argus report he's signed for an undisclosed fee, and later report that it was for free. Anyone would think they just print bollox.

Someone with a brain might actually conclude that at the time of the deal, they reported the "sale" in exactly the manner that Reading publicly announced it, and subsequently further information came to light that there was in reality no fee involved.

Let's just hope Chaileyjem doesn't find out, it would break his heart.

I am not entirely sure what point you are making here; I'm guessing you are attempting to ridicule [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]'s previously-stated support for local football journalism. If that is the case, why on earth would you seek to mock the only dedicated, full-time, independent, professional media coverage of the football club you support? I just don't get it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone with a brain might actually conclude that at the time of the deal, they reported the "sale" in exactly the manner that Reading publicly announced it
Oh, so they didn't get information from our club then, they just printed what they read from elsewhere without actually checking it?

why on earth would you seek to mock the only dedicated, full-time, independent, professional media coverage of the football club you support? I just don't get it.
Because I generally find it to be of poor quality.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oh, so they didn't get information from our club then, they just printed what they read from elsewhere without actually checking it?

Do you know what the word "undisclosed" means?

I'm sticking my neck out here, but I'm going to suggest that the Argus journalists do little else other than "checking" news and information they receive. That's why they get pilloried for not publishing rumours, speculation and gossip. They work for a "news"paper, and print news.

Because I generally find it to be of poor quality.

I have posted my fair share of criticism of Andy Naylor on here, when I think it is justified. Heck, a couple of times I've "broken" news of new contract signings (from publicly available FA documents) that SHOULD have been reported by the Argus (and subsequently were). But I know one thing for certain; the electronic edition of the Argus represents fantastic value for money. The level of coverage of the Albion, and Sussex football in general, is comprehensive, unsurpassed and irreplaceable. The Albion-supporting community would be far poorer if it disappeared.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here