Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Delaney before leaving BILD Werder Bremen
for England
https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...ld.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Came to the Weser from FC Copenhagen in January 2017: Thomas Delaney
Came to the Weser from FC Copenhagen in January 2017: Thomas Delaney
Photo: Jan Huebner

divide
Tweet
Share on Google+
send by mail
Report article
Article by: MARKUS BALCZUWEIT published on
27.05.2018 - 22:55 clock
It smells goodbye and that could happen soon! Thomas Delaney (26) have been inquiring for weeks.

Now his departure from Bremen is getting more and more concrete.

At least one concrete offer for the Danish midfield star is Werder Bremen.

Manager Frank Baumann confirms BILD: "It's the case that one or the other interested club has reported on a change. We are in talks."

Baumann negotiates about Delaney change!

But it should not be about a departure within the Bundesliga. Dortmund had recently shown great interest.

Werder manager Frank Baumann negotiates a Delaney change
Werder manager Frank Baumann negotiates a Delaney change
Photo: Jan Huebner
According to BILD information, Baumann is currently playing poker with a Premier League club over a transfer in the summer break.

Baumann: "We can not rule out that Thomas leaves us."

Condition is that in addition to the sporting perspective for Delaney and the coal for Werder agrees.

ALSO READ

Oops.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stand down everybody, it's not us.

Were they to have written:-

Baumann is currently losing at poker with a Premier League club over a transfer in the summer break.

We'd know he was in the area.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think you are right, most of our business could well be done.

The end of days.

What a thoroughly depressing Summer that would be.
It is clear that we are trying to get the main deals done before the World Cup.

Winstano is in Europe before the cup, will return for 4 weeks watching the TV, and then will have 4 weeks in England trying to persuade any professional northerners to move south, while Barber ties up the annual loan from Chelsea.

So there still should be stuff to look forward to in August.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Well we defo need a new LB and RB

Agreed, but many clubs promote youth players from other positions into the senior squad by using them as fullbacks, so do any of our best u23s fit the bill?

The more I think about it, if we were to sign Delaney, the more likely we are to change our formation. But a 433 would marginalise Gross, so perhaps 5-3-1-1 is the future? If so we are going to need to find a couple of Kyle Walkers.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not for those who will still be proclaiming we need a new RB, new LB, new CB, new DM, new AM ad a new winger it won't!
If we get Delaney and an attacking midfielder ( and sort out the keeper situation ), we can pretty much go with what we've got. This rest is squad 'tinkering'.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
21st June - Denmark v Australia.
I'll be in Samara at the game, so I have a chance to possibly see two Brighton players face each other.

Fingers crossed it's us he wants to sign for.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well we defo need a new LB and RB
That didn't take long!

If we get Delaney and an attacking midfielder ( and sort out the keeper situation ), we can pretty much go with what we've got. This rest is squad 'tinkering'.
Maybe more a case of Delaney or an attacking midfielder, but I agree about the rest being squad tinkering. We don't need - and certainly won't get! - anything like a whole new team.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018

The way I see it, if Delaney signed for us it would mean Propper could play sometimes where he does now and sometimes in the Gross role. That way, with rotation, all three of them, plus Dale, would be getting regular games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here