Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Random Withdean Pictures - 2009

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just having a tidy up and found these photos from the Great Escape 2008-09 season. Dated 2nd May which would make it the Stockport game. No idea if anyone has any interest but you might spot yourself (And I can let Barber know you were on the pitch!)

02052009014.jpg
02052009018.jpg
02052009019.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Also found some panoramas - cutting edge in 2009!

Withdean Panorama 2.JPG
falmer panorama2.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nicky Forster. Football Genius.

I was pissed up in the family stand for some reason.

I mounted a pitch invasion with my son.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Stood outside for that game with a number of people because I couldn't get a ticket. I guess we could see about a quarter of the pitch. Didn't see Forster's goal, so had to rely on the crowd. The roar from the goal sounded great.

Even though there was no roof on most of the stands, our chants sounded brilliant. To create an atmosphere in a ground like that was no mean feet. I will never forget that day because of the sound of our fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks sooooooo much!!!

I was only talking with my youngest about that the other day, he was 6 and had only been to a few matches at that point having recentlly moved down from Liverpool. It was a momentous occasion for both the club and my son who managed to throw the ball back on at one point, which he thought was amazing and then we invaded the pitch from the family stand, surrounded Salde and patted him on his baldy head! Couldn't have been better as Forster scored and he was my son's favourite player.

We are in the third picture, on the left in the foreground with the Tesco bag :ffsparr:! Do you happen to have the pictures in higher resolution by any chance?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks sooooooo much!!!

I was only talking with my youngest about that the other day, he was 6 and had only been to a few matches at that point having recentlly moved down from Liverpool. It was a momentous occasion for both the club and my son who managed to throw the ball back on at one point, which he thought was amazing and then we invaded the pitch from the family stand, surrounded Salde and patted him on his baldy head! Couldn't have been better as Forster scored and he was my son's favourite player.

We are in the third picture, on the left in the foreground with the Tesco bag :ffsparr:! Do you happen to have the pictures in higher resolution by any chance?

Afraid not - they are the native pictures.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But nevertheless, I am very grateful, thank you very much, that has meant a lot to me and to my son who has now seen it.
Glad I posted them then! :) Backing up my laptop and found a backup of my old desktop with these on them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Umm, I think he means the family stand behind the east goal that was there in 2009. :)

That's exactly what I mean. I think I swapped south stand for Family because I was drunk and Ian Hart took advantage of me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here