Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Horseshite. We were 5/1 with the bookies tonight for a reason. Away wins at established PL clubs do not come easy.

We are still building the quality of our squad buying off the 3rd or 4th shelf.

That is a good point tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Okay, so same question put differently- where are we getting the points?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I know exactly how you feel. Same old performances/tactics week after week

Except the tactics were completely different against Chelsea. No-one can accuse us of being defensive in that game! Oh, and we lost 4-0 btw.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That is symptomatic of the "we must stay in the Premier League at all costs" culture at the moment. I feel that those fans who think it'd be utter disaster for us to go down can't criticise the reserved tactics of Chris. He's putting an 11 out there who are hard to beat, similar to Southampton. At the end of the day we only have to outlast three teams. When we've gone more attacking (like against Chelsea) in a 3-5-2 we've conceded easily, even if we've played more positively. If this style gives us 1-1 instead of 0-1, it's the right way for us to stay up. Add Southampton to the list of Newcastle, West Brom, Swansea and Watford who haven't/can't beat us overall in the two games this year.

But they've all taken points of the top 6, something we can't do

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'll be honest I'm a bit depressed - Saints I think are the worst team in the league and will probably sack their manager but they played us off the park. Hoping we can turn things round but the passing isn't good enough and we are not as good defensively as we thought early on in the season

Think our defending is excellent, given we essentially let teams attack us for 90 minutes every week. Ryan did not have a lot to do tonight, despite them having 65% of the ball.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’m beginning think Norwich were right about CH. Southampton were there for the taking (like Newcastle were) but we just sit back and sit back and then the inevitable happens.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Its a very rare treat winning away in the PL for the lower half of the table, don't think Burnley managed it once last season some deluded peeps on here

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Horseshite. We were 5/1 with the bookies tonight for a reason. Away wins at established PL clubs do not come easy.

We are still building the quality of our squad buying off the 3rd or 4th shelf.

That is a good point tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

People seem to forget we are in our first ever season in the premier league and playing against established teams.
We were 2nd favourites for relegation at the start of the season but have not been in the drop zone all season.
Every point we get will be well earned - especially away from home.
People calling 2 points from 4 games embarrassing should go support Manchester City as far as I'm concerned. Much better teams than us have had worse runs.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
West Ham 3, Swansea 3 Huddersfield 3 Leicester 3 Stoke 1 Burnley 1 Everton1.......would help.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Moderate championship game tonight. We showed flourishes, but our attack was underpopulated.

....Premier League, you say? Well, blow me down.

A Poll man, where is the Poll? Moderate Championship game, for god sake man you need to produce a poll, attack underpopulated where is the poll? punish:punish:punish:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Its a very rare treat winning away in the PL for the lower half of the table, don't think Burnley managed it once last season some deluded peeps on here

But we're not winning at home either...

For the first time, im losing a bit of faith in hughton. His negativity and lack of substitutions until it's pretty much pointless is becoming increasingly frustrating...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I thought I saw us lose 2-0 to WBA in an abject performance, but hey ho.

Yeah but we beat them 3-1 at home, meaning over the two matches they haven't gained anything over us head-to-head, if you see what I mean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here