Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just heard that the Croatia game is behind closed doors. That’s a bit shit for Dunky if he makes his debut there.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I just hope he can make an impression and capitalise to leap frog Tarkowski and this is not a one off. With Southgates plans on the age of players realistically Dunk doesn't have much more than 4 years left him in at England level

I guess once they get established though they'll be there for as long as they're good. I assume he's picking young players in order to have a really experienced team when they peak

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Was the fixture arranged before it got set as a ‘behind closed doors’ match? Seems strange that we’d have agreed to play there with it being so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just heard that the Croatia game is behind closed doors. That’s a bit shit for Dunky if he makes his debut there.

He'll just think he's back at Withdean.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For England supporters it will be Sky TV but I dont care about the Croatia ones.

Rumour has it a few England fans have got foreign media passes for the game ;-)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not really the point. Playing in an empty stadium will feel like a training game.

Perhaps they could get 50 or so ball boys and ground staff to dress in black hoodies in one corner and let off a flare or two. Then it would be the best atmosphere in the entire world!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
... watching Lewis training with the England guys https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypKdYklQqdGW

Genuinely felt a little bit nervous for him, watching the videos of him being like the new kid at school meeting the rest of the squad, not quite dressed right, not sure who to hang out with yet.

Our boy's all grown up! Knew this day would come but still tough. Promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

_103765528_hnkrijekastadium.jpg

A crummy little 8k stadium as well. Agreed, it will be a pity if this is the empty venue for his first cap. Reminder me of Yeovil.

Hopefully he'll put himself in contention for an appearance in the Spain game.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Did anyone watch the training session? Any idea how our boy got on? Did he look like he was in the first team side?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Have to say, rather disappointed with the lack of media coverage for Dunky's call up. Seems to be all about that Sancho kiddy.
Apart from that Daily Mail piece last week, not seen / read any interviews with him.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Have to say, rather disappointed with the lack of media coverage for Dunky's call up. Seems to be all about that Sancho kiddy.
Apart from that Daily Mail piece last week, not seen / read any interviews with him.

Probably rightly so, Sancho is a potential England Superstar, Dunk could potentially be a 1 cap wonder. lets be fair the country arent interested in a 25 year old centre back playing for brighton, an 18 year old with the most assists in europe playing for Dortmand is going to be much better.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Did anyone watch the training session? Any idea how our boy got on? Did he look like he was in the first team side?

This video has been shared quite a bit on Social Media, with many people (unfairly) mocking Dunk....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here