Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the point though? Is he a bit simple or is posting bollocks in some way amusing to him?

Maybe Kayal has done something unspeakable to him?

Let me try to explain to those on here who are obviouisly too thick to understand, thankfully it is not all posters.

He is getting rave reviews about his performances and is said to be attracting attention from Championship and Premier clubs with January window in mind. His downside, it is being said, is his lack of pace When he was with us previously he sat just in front of the back four shielding them. When Stephens got injured we had to move Propper and Bissouma in order to accommodate Kayal who does not play that position or indeed the one played by Stephens. There fore it makes good sense to bring in a player who can play that position as cover for Stephens, hence the question would he be better than Kayal perhaps I should have added covering Stephens but I thought that was so obvious as to not be needed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let me try to explain to those on here who are obviouisly too thick to understand, thankfully it is not all posters.

He is getting rave reviews about his performances and is said to be attracting attention from Championship and Premier clubs with January window in mind. His downside, it is being said, is his lack of pace When he was with us previously he sat just in front of the back four shielding them. When Stephens got injured we had to move Propper and Bissouma in order to accommodate Kayal who does not play that position or indeed the one played by Stephens. There fore it makes good sense to bring in a player who can play that position as cover for Stephens, hence the question would he be better than Kayal perhaps I should have added covering Stephens but I thought that was so obvious as to not be needed.[/QUOTE

Nope you are still not amusing me, I’ll leave you to carry on enlightening those bright enough to find this claptrap interesting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He is getting rave reviews about his performances and is said to be attracting attention from Championship and Premier clubs with January window in mind. His downside, it is being said, is his lack of pace When he was with us previously he sat just in front of the back four shielding them. When Stephens got injured we had to move Propper and Bissouma in order to accommodate Kayal who does not play that position or indeed the one played by Stephens. There fore it makes good sense to bring in a player who can play that position as cover for Stephens, hence the question would he be better than Kayal perhaps I should have added covering Stephens but I thought that was so obvious as to not be needed.

Gary Dicker, when he was with us, was technically decent, but very, very slow. Seven years later, and now well into his thirties, he unsurprisingly hasn't got any quicker. He is painfully slow. I've watched him three times this season, and even at that level he is very often late to the ball. He could no more play Dale Stephens' role in the Premier League than you could, BG.

And he doesn't even try to play that role in the SPL. He often plays centre-back now for Kilmarnock, where he has time on the ball.

The thing about him being watched by Prem sides was posted by [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]

[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] was joking. Gary Dicker isn't getting a January move to the Premier League.

But, it was an open goal I guess, to have another snide little pop at Beram Kayal, so job done.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Gary Dicker, when he was with us, was technically decent, but very, very slow. Seven years later, and now well into his thirties, he unsurprisingly hasn't got any quicker. He is painfully slow. I've watched him three times this season, and even at that level he is very often late to the ball. He could no more play Dale Stephens' role in the Premier League than you could, BG.

And he doesn't even try to play that role in the SPL. He often plays centre-back now for Kilmarnock, where he has time on the ball.

The thing about him being watched by Prem sides was posted by [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]

[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] was joking. Gary Dicker isn't getting a January move to the Premier League.

But, it was an open goal I guess, to have another snide little pop at Beram Kayal, so job done.
Was about to point out the same thing, so cheers. [emoji23]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Gary Dicker is a fantastic player, but he's much quicker in his mind than he is with his feet. His range of passing is spectacular though, he has the quality to play at this level. He's very good defensively too. A crap pile like Huddersfield or Cardiff would get some value out of him, and I would like to welcome him back to the Amex one day. Not in our team, but he's worthy of a nice round of applause. Never forget his value in the ****ing brilliant team under Gus Poyet in League 1 and the Championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was not intended as nor is it a pop at Kayal because he CANNOT play the role that Stephens does so it was a serious question asking if Gary Dicker could, the simple answer is Yes or No either way we need to bring in somebody who can . Whether or not Kayal can cover Gross, Bissouma or Propper in the position that they play is totally irrelevant. My question was would he be better than Kayal so a logical question to ask.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Blimey. We're risking a paradox in the space-time continuum here. Someone too thick to know what they're on about explaining to those to thick to understand. Could get messy.

He is getting rave reviews about his performances and is said to be attracting attention from Championship and Premier clubs with January window in mind.

Your source? Bearing in mind your history on this is pretty shabby.

When he was with us previously he sat just in front of the back four shielding them.

No, that was Liam Bridcutt.

When Stephens got injured we had to move Propper and Bissouma in order to accommodate Kayal who does not play that position or indeed the one played by Stephens.

In the season we missed out on promotion, Kayal played alongside Stephens as part of a pairing, so Kayal alongside Propper was his (BK's) perfectly natural role. He also won Player of the Season playing in that role. Bissouma, on the other hand, has largely taken the place of Gross for the time being.

There fore it makes good sense to bring in a player who can play that position as cover for Stephens, hence the question would he be better than Kayal perhaps I should have added covering Stephens but I thought that was so obvious as to not be needed.

We have that cover for Dale Stephens. His name is Beram Kayal, an international footballer, and someone who was clearly good enough to make the move from the SPL to England.

Aside from that, outstanding analysis.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It was not intended as nor is it a pop at Kayal because he CANNOT play the role that Stephens does so it was a serious question asking if Gary Dicker could, the simple answer is Yes or No either way we need to bring in somebody who can . Whether or not Kayal can cover Gross, Bissouma or Propper in the position that they play is totally irrelevant. My question was would he be better than Kayal so a logical question to ask.

Not when the answer is such a resounding no.

Jeez - I can't believe I even posted a response.....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Blimey. We're risking a paradox in the space-time continuum here. Someone to thick to know what they're on about explaining to those to thick to understand. Could get messy.

Some might suggest it wise when calling someone thick to at least be able to use the correct words :wink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The sort of player - like Oliver Norwood - who looks utterly class if they have a lot of time on the ball.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good player at the time, great vision and passing but sadly the speed and turning circle of a tugboat.

I think the championship was a little bit too much for him (remember him giving the ball away for Billy Sharp (RIP) to eventually score in the Donny match, but glad to see he's doing well up north.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept that Kayal lined up with Stephens when we played 4-4-2 which we dont now. So he couldnt do it now that is play alongside of Stephens. As regards Dicker I think that he would have got nosebleed had he gone over the halfway line.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I accept that Kayal lined up with Stephens when we played 4-4-2 which we dont now. So he couldnt do it now that is play alongside of Stephens. As regards Dicker I think that he would have got nosebleed had he gone over the halfway line.

Until recently, we've effectively played 4-4-1-1, so he could definitely play alongside him if needed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BG is being totally serious he never jokes.

I think you'll find he can't joke, which is a shame.
I feel sorry for him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good player at the time, great vision and passing but sadly the speed and turning circle of a tugboat.

I think the championship was a little bit too much for him (remember him giving the ball away for Billy Sharp (RIP) to eventually score in the Donny match, but glad to see he's doing well up north.

That's my recollection too. A quality League One player, his complete lack of pace and strength was a drawback in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here