Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Salad Cream

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a hideous name:glare:
Always have it with a plate of salad and never have it in a sandwich but hey ho I'm one of the 80 odd % :annoyed:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
********!!! How very dare they!! I can't go putting "Sandwich cream" on salads and my Wife,Mrs.Wunt be Druv,is going to get very confused on her weekly shop.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Steve Jones from the Pistols was allegedly a curator of Sandwich Cream.........all from a single loaf of bread.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Old habits die hard, everyone knows that. Heinz might change the name but many of their customers won't adopt. Worked for many years in food industry and decades after companies, products, brands etc have been changed enormous numbers of people still refer to legacy names. And you wouldn't believe the costly carnage that ensues from seemingly 'minor' changes to codes, packaging etc regardless of how well publicised.

I know more than a few people still referring to opal fruits and it's been 20 years since they changed.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think you either have a Salad Cream household or a Mayonnaise household. I never had mayonnaise growing up, only salad cream, whereas my wife only ever had mayonnaise and never salad cream. I've therefore extrapolated our two upbringings and applied that to the entire population which I think is reasonable. For my kids however, the world is a much richer place because their household now has both...

At last, some sense on NSC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here