Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am coming round to thinking that Newcastle

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Done it again, this time we came third behind Huddersfield and Newcastle - Reading have now slipped to eight!

Doesn't appear to matter how many times I try, I can't get Villa relegated...

On the good news front, Palace finish bottom of the table using this predictor...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah, mine is a little close to the knuckle too. No comfort here.

2017-predictor-01.png

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just did the same and I got a different result from that

View attachment 82469

and a different one from me.
1 Brighton 46 +37 97
2 Newcastle 46 +38 89
3 Sheff Wed 46 +20 85
4 Reading 46 +9 84
5 Fulham 46 +29 83
6 Huddersfield 46 +4 79
7 Leeds 46 +5 71
8 Norwich 46 +13 69

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
After all those tables my brain is overheating and my placid equilibrium is being cruelly disrupted ! Let's not overthink this. We just have to keep winning and not worry about what happens elsewhere. Having said that, it would help enormously if SOMEONE could turn Huddersfield over !:mad:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Did this, but let the calculator create the results itself - we came top with Huddersfield 2nd, Barnsley 3rd and Newcastle 4th - so I am not sure that the mechanics of this really work!

Just did the same and I got a different result from that

View attachment 82469

This is what it calculated for me:

Pos Team P GD Pts
1 Brighton 46 +38 99
2 Huddersfield 46 +13 88
3 Leeds 46 +27 87
4 Newcastle 46 +36 85
5 Sheff Wed 46 +14 79
6 Reading 46 +0 76
7 Barnsley 46 +6 69
8 Norwich 46 +7 67
9 Fulham 46 +11 65
10 Derby 46 +4 64

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Thanks Smeg, just done a results forecast and have NC winning with us and Hudds tied on 94pts didn't select the goal difference add on so assume previous results are carried forward so we're 2nd with a plus 8 better record. Better get the rubber sheet back out!

HaHa, March and April will fly by :thumbsup:

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I can't remember the last time the Championship was this tightly contested by teams performing this well. Top 2 teams are going to be around 98pts if they maintain their form, but the chasing pack aren't cut adrift yet.

Reckon you'll take all three points tomorrow, we're not playing with a lot of confidence at the minute and we're missing Gayle and Hayden a lot. We're creating a few chances, but Mitrovic is struggling with the pressure a bit.

That said, I don't think this game defines the season and I still think the top two will be the top two at the end of the season. Huddersfield's run is terrific, but I don't think it's sustainable and they've got the FA Cup distraction too.

If we get >96pts and finish second then we've done pretty much all we can and there's no shame in finishing 2nd to a team that's bettered that total.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah, mine is a little close to the knuckle too. No comfort here.

View attachment 82472

The thing about these models is they are extreme at both ends of the table.
For example: Are Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan, Burton effectively not going to pick up any more points between now and end of season. and the mid table teams (Ipswich, Wolves, Birmingham etc ) only going to get 6-7.

its not going to happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone still offering this bet?
No, that was before they drew at home to Bristol.
All I can find is Sky Bet at 8s!! Still a good price mind and will take it if cant find anything else before KO tomorrow!
Ladbrokes aren't showing up on oddschecker at the moment, but they might have something a bit better than 8s by tomorrow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Huddersfield's run is terrific, but I don't think it's sustainable and they've got the FA Cup distraction too.

I think their run is perfectly sustainable. I don't mean to say they'll win every game, but I can see them playing at title winning levels from hereon in, which is pretty much what Burnley and ourselves did last season and it nearly cost Middlesbrough their promotion. Huddersfield's draw at Barnsley was desperately unlucky - play that game three more times and the chances are they'd win them all.

Secondly, that FA Cup distraction doesn't seem to have done much harm really. It hasn't done much harm for Lincoln's form either. Personally, I don't buy that distraction argument. At best, you can say it's another game they might pick up a key injury from an extra game, but ultimately winning breeds confidence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on people, 70 points in FEBRUARY, with 13 games to go - you just have to feel sorry for Hudds as 65 points at this stage would have topped the table last year.
Are you quite mad? If we do make top two, and Huddersfield miss out with 90+ points, yes, I'll feel sorry for them. Right now I'm (quite rightly) still worried about them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think their run is perfectly sustainable. I don't mean to say they'll win every game, but I can see them playing at title winning levels from hereon in, which is pretty much what Burnley and ourselves did last season and it nearly cost Middlesbrough their promotion. Huddersfield's draw at Barnsley was desperately unlucky - play that game three more times and the chances are they'd win them all.
Agreed. They certainly seemed a bit unlucky not to win from the highlights, but then they were lucky to beat QPR, had a chunk of luck to beat Leeds, and needed injury time to beat Rotherham, so they can hardly complain overall. Run those last 7 games again and they'd get less points.

Secondly, that FA Cup distraction doesn't seem to have done much harm really. It hasn't done much harm for Lincoln's form either. Personally, I don't buy that distraction argument. At best, you can say it's another game they might pick up a key injury from an extra game, but ultimately winning breeds confidence.
I think it depends on how many fixtures you have and how much you can rest players. They have a lot of fixtures, but they've been able to rotate players a lot, so they may get away with it. Historically it makes a big difference though. I don't think it helped Hull last year, and winning the cup didn't help Wigan's league performances.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017

12 games left, 5 points off the automatic spots, and nearly 30GD so as good as 6pts realistically. they're by no means out of it, but both Newcastle and yourselves are where they are because they've maintained Title winning form for the entire season, rather than stringing one incredible run together. I expect them to revert to the mean.

Winning games against Rochdale and Port Vale in the FA Cup has done no harm, but how will a tough game against a strong Man City side affect them?

A few months ago I was told that reading were going to usurp one of us from the automatic spots, then it was Leeds, now it's Huddersfield. I'll panic when we're a few points behind with a couple of games to go, until then I'll remain confident that neither of the top two teams will have to risk the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here