Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up the Villa Jasp

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our fans are up for this big time, we owe Villa for their small time behaviour in 2009 and last season. We also owe that odious **** Lansbury one as well. This really does have a big game feel about it, not many have felt like that this season for some strange reason. Probably only the Derby game. Sadly all of this points towards an Aston Villa win, probably a Lansbury winner as well.

Welcome.

Do you know how much for the £45m Newcastle spent this summer went to the Championship's referees?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Welcome.

Do you know how much for the £45m Newcastle spent this summer went to the Championship's referees?

Unsurprisingly, your perception of Newcastle's luck with refereeing decisions will be in stark contrast to their fans' views.

There have been a few calls go their way (Mitrovic escaping a red at Wolves, Wolves winner in that game being offside, Lansbury's kick out v QPR, etc) but no more than any other team, IMO. They feel aggrieved that they've NOT been getting the calls, and are constantly whining on twitter about us in contrast, getting soft penalties. They also cling to the belief that they were robbed of points at Forest by two incorrect red cards (I disagree personally, both legitimate decisions, despite them being rescinded)

IN general they haven't got more than you'd expect from the officials.

Now the FA on the other hand, for overturning the two perfectly legitimate red cards - THAT is worthy of your scorn.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unsurprisingly, your perception of Newcastle's luck with refereeing decisions will be in stark contrast to their fans' views.

There have been a few calls go their way (Mitrovic escaping a red at Wolves, Wolves winner in that game being offside, Lansbury's kick out v QPR, etc) but no more than any other team, IMO. They feel aggrieved that they've NOT been getting the calls, and are constantly whining on twitter about us in contrast, getting soft penalties. They also cling to the belief that they were robbed of points at Forest by two incorrect red cards (I disagree personally, both legitimate decisions, despite them being rescinded)

Now the FA on the other hand, for overturning the two perfectly legitimate red cards - THAT is worthy of your scorn.

Erm guessing you didn't see that Darlow challenge? Yanking the strikers' leg back when he was through to an empty goal. Laughably insane, that decision was.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our fans are up for this big time, we owe Villa for their small time behaviour in 2009 and last season. We also owe that odious **** Lansbury one as well. This really does have a big game feel about it, not many have felt like that this season for some strange reason. Probably only the Derby game. Sadly all of this points towards an Aston Villa win, probably a Lansbury winner as well.
You only going for the Villa then :whistle:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Erm guessing you didn't see that Darlow challenge? Yanking the strikers' leg back when he was through to an empty goal. Laughably insane, that decision was.

I did, and yes, another example of them getting the rub of the green. The referee didn't really 'favour them' there though - he simply played the advantage - the lad had more or less an open goal and ballsed it up. In hindsight, a penalty and a red for Darlow would have been far preferable, but you can see why the ref didn't blow at the time.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I am struggling to care about Newcastle for the moment. Obviously it would be nice if they lost I suppose, but I care about 1% as much as I do about Huddersfield and Reading dropping points. If we are well clear of 3rd when April comes round, I will be screaming for Newcastle defeats every week.

By the way, Villa are toilet and Newcastle will win by at least two. Nothing really to see here.

There's no harm in hoping that they all drop points.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I did, and yes, another example of them getting the rub of the green. The referee didn't really 'favour them' there though - he simply played the advantage - the lad had more or less an open goal and ballsed it up. In hindsight, a penalty and a red for Darlow would have been far preferable, but you can see why the ref didn't blow at the time.

It was a definite red? Clearly no advantage as the trip allowed the defenders to get back on the line. The referee massively favoured them!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's a strange attitude. If you look at the remaining fixtures I really think Newcastle/Huddersfield and Reading are all in the mix. Newcastle have some tough old games and really don't look that convincing at the moment. More than possible that Huddersfield who are on fire could surpass Newcastle and therefore Newcastle become the third place team we want to be ahead of.

There's no harm in hoping that they all drop points.

I'm clearly about 6 weeks behind in my mind, falsely believing that the top two just need to keep a distance from the 3-6 placed teams. Oh well.

At the end of the day, I think we should all just try and back our players to keep doing what they've done all season. I'm as guilty as anyone for getting a bit nervous recently but when you analyse our poor form, it hasn't actually been all that bad and we're now unbeaten in four games. Actually, our recent league form is decent: 2-2-0 and 4-2-1.

Jan 22, 2017

First game of the season against Fulham we were denied a blatant penalty too. There have been others as well but we have had our fair share of luck - I think Mitrovic getting his first yellow against Wolves was a joke really as much as the challenge on the keeper was worthy of one so I feel that evened its self out. We have had loads of calls go in our favour and plenty against us - the Forest game being a disgrace in my eyes. But they do even themselves out over the season, we certainly haven't had it as smooth as some suggest. Two penalties all season being an example when there has been plenty occasions when we should have had them.

Either way I won't care if we are in the top 2 after the Barnsley match in May. Top two and I'll be delighted, would be great if Brighton were to come up with us. It's a club I have a lot of time for and of course Mr Hughton is one of the best manager's we have had in my life time, not just in the Championship but he was doing a fine job in the PL before we ****ed him over and appointed that lipless old snide prick Pardew. Huddersfield worry me though, hopefully they run out of steam.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Villa win .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here