Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsors man of the match

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The ability of them to pick the right man seems to vary hugely.

Is this just down to whether they are actually Albion fans or not.

I doubt Ulloa was even in our top five players today let alone mom.

Ince, March, Rodriguez, Upson, Bruno all better in my view.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes but who needed the confidence boost the most?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
May just be that they want a photo and to meet him. I recall at Withdean for a time Zamora always got mom regardless of performance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes but who needed the confidence boost the most?

I take the point but I doubt it makes much difference to the player personally?

Suspect a player knows if they have played well or not.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I take the point but I doubt it makes much difference to the player personally?

Suspect a player knows if they have played well or not.

Yes, it seems bizarre to twist a Man of the Match award into a Who Needs a Confidence Boost? competition.

Might be old-fashioned to suggest it, but I'd prefer it to go to the player who played best.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've been going to Albion matches for over thirty years and the MOM has always been a bit of a joke. It's not Player Of The Year but I suspect the winner goes home a slightly happier bunny all the same, which is great for Ulloa when we have Leeds on Tuesday.

Ferg

Dec 1, 2012
Bexhill
I've been going to Albion matches for over thirty years and the MOM has always been a bit of a joke. It's not Player Of The Year but I suspect the winner goes home a slightly happier bunny all the same, which is great for Ulloa when we have Leeds on Tuesday.

Totally agree we were impressed with Spanish Rodney , Bruno has started to really perform , Solly is going to be a superstar and Matty and Wardy are fab. Greers ball out of defence are a real problem and Stephens for the second game on the trot made too many mis passes.We should keep the same team over the next 3 games using Kaz as a game changer and should be commended again for a game changing contibution Cmonnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The ability of them to pick the right man seems to vary hugely.

Is this just down to whether they are actually Albion fans or not.

I doubt Ulloa was even in our top five players today let alone mom.

Ince, March, Rodriguez, Upson, Bruno all better in my view.

I have highlighted the reason. They don't know the players, so go for the easy option.

I went to a Crawley game a few years back that my company had sponsored. When asked my opinion for MOM, I couldn't give one for two reasons.

I didn't know the players..........

And I didn't watch the entire second half because a colleague (who supported West Ham) and I retired to the bar, on expenses, and watched the progress of our teams on Gillette Soccer Saturday. Think Crawley lost that day. Not too sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here