Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gin drinkers

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What troubles me is that Gin is quick and inexpensive to make (compared to Malt Whisky say) and that it only retails at £40-ish because people are prepared to pay/believing of the value.

That said it is not hard to make yourself - you can buy 95% alcohol from Italy (handle with care!) and cold macerate your own botanicals, then dilute to potable ABV.

My choice for everyday gin, and not been mentioned yet on this thread is Beefeater, made in London and redistilling is overseen by doyen of the craft Desmond Payne - it's really bloody good and knocks G*****'s into a cocked hat all day long IMHO.

I Will get Beefeater as my next quaffer on your say so . [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Haven't gone through the whole thread and I am far from an expert but I really like Tanqueray Sevilla.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So. Missus asks me to be on stand by to save her from an obligated art party. She rocks up at home at half 1. She’s just making me a Soul of Bavaria gin and tonic.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My favourite, by a distance. Since starting the thread I've tried loads, and many good ones, but still nothing gets close.

How do you take it ?

Opening my first bottle of Nordes later .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How do you take it ?

I admire the self discipline :)

I've read that a grape (I slice mine in half) or mint are the best garnishes. I'd avoid lemon or lime too as too overpowering. Maybe start with nothing and then trial?

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I've read that a grape (I slice mine in half) or mint are the best garnishes. I'd avoid lemon or lime too as too overpowering. Maybe start with nothing and then trial?

I looked for Nordes in the supermarket, without luck.

So ended up buying another bottle of Hendrick’s. Still a lovely gin. Hic.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Back in the real world, Morrison's currently knocking out a Litre of Gordon's for £16.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love gin and making a first visit to the Seven Stars in Ship Street tonight. Anyone been that make any recommendations?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Thanks , will start with nothing and see .

Had a few glasses of Blue Bottle with ice and a bit of fever tree the other night , and it packed such a flavoursome punch that it needed nothing adding .

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I fear that history may repeat itself.

si-303179.jpg_maxdim-1000_resize-yes.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How do you take it ?

Without looking, I think I took a picture when I was going through an 'orange with gin' phase. Pink grapefruit is nice with it top. But to be honest, there is plenty of flavour to have it on its own.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here