Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clearly, our recruitment team are after the right players as he has gone to a massive club and CL football.

We’ll just end up with someone cheaper and better.

Time to find some new midfield targets amongst the ‘cluster’ to swoon over.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Clearly, our recruitment team are after the right players as he has gone to a massive club and CL football.

We’ll just end up with someone cheaper and better.

Time to find some new midfield targets amongst the ‘cluster’ to swoon over.

Our recruitment obviously know their stuff. Yesterday Karl Toko Ekambi signed for Villareal and Delaney looks like he will go to Dortmund. We are consistently identifying players who are being sought by those who regularly play in the Europa league and Champions league.

I'm confident that whoever from the "cluster" will be a useful addition

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on chaps, step away from 'small clubitis'.

The Albion now have the buying power greater than most Europa league and Champions league entrants.

Of course the recruitment team are looking at bigger fish, the club is a bigger boat!!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

The Albion now have the buying power greater than most Europa league and Champions league entrants.

Of course the recruitment team are looking at bigger fish, the club is a bigger boat!!

Agreed, although when a side like Dortmund comes in we are fighting a losing battle.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed, although when a side like Dortmund comes in we are fighting a losing battle.

The Albion can lose a bidding war with Utd, City, Barca anybody, anytime.

I dunno how some will cope when the club wins one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Translates too :

I wanted Prem but none would pay the over inflated fee WB wanted . So it was Dortmund or nothing .

I don't think £17m was 'over inflated' to be honest. Nor do I necessarily agree with Mental Lethal's assertion that this will have been all about wages.

Dortmund are a massive club. He'll be playing every year in the Champions League, and playing week in week out in front of crowds in excess of EIGHTY THOUSAND at the Westfalenstadion. Perfectly understandable choice :shrug:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't think £17m was 'over inflated' to be honest. Nor do I necessarily agree with Mental Lethal's assertion that this will have been all about wages.

Dortmund are a massive club. He'll be playing every year in the Champions League, and playing week in week out in front of crowds in excess of EIGHTY THOUSAND at the Westfalenstadion. Perfectly understandable choice :shrug:

I would have been happy to pay the 17m. Sounds about right to me. This came down to Champions League and as you say 80,000 fans.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Probably wanted to stay in Europe because of Brexit. :whistle: :lol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
ns.jpg Yellow.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Surely we are a ship now, not a mere boat ,maybe not quite a supertanker yet, but getting there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
what annoys me here is not the size difference, more the effort on colour co-ordination.

Make it a rule you cant get in the north stand unless you are wearing blue...might even generate a better atmosphere...

I thought that mass of yellow in the picture was the amount of spare seats, not the colours worn by the fans!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right, a chance to see the boy in action. Will he rip the opposition a new one, or will we be tempted to conclude we dodged a bullet?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
TV coverage will showcase him the everyone. Making his route to provincial Sussex less likely.

He's recenty move to Dortmund....

Anway from what I have seen so far, he can whang the ball over the bar quite well. Like Skalak with a better haircut.

:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here