Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh - not a rumour!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It seems there is a report that he has parked his transfer until after the World Cup.

This sounds so like last time with him stringing us along, will-he-won't-he, always going to sign 'shortly', before suddenly signing for someone else.

Is he playing us with the same tune as 3 years ago ? ???

That's how I see it too. The agent certainly doesn't seem keen. Napoli have been sniffing around as well and regardless of how serious they are the agent talked up that move. None of that with us.

I'll be (delighted and) surprised if this comes off.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Got to be a conundrum for the recruit team. They will have a B plan for a striker and won't want to miss out by waiting for big spuds. Do not want to end up with nothing and another 'greatest striker we never had' thread at the end of the window. The whole 'who the **** are BHA' thing is a bit off-putting as well. Could just be his lairy agent but I would not want to end up with a player who thinks he's doing us a favour. :shrug:

Saying that, I would be happy if he singed.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
There must be a reason why we have gone back again to get him??

Strange one this. Our recruitment seems so spot on but leaving it this late (in terms of the World Cup) means one of two things- either they're very confident of getting him or they've made a bit of a cock up- if he even has a semi decent tournament he'll attract Interest from bigger clubs. I see Liverpool and Napoli have both been linked.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Strange one this. Our recruitment seems so spot on but leaving it this late (in terms of the World Cup) means one of two things- either they're very confident of getting him or they've made a bit of a cock up- if he even has a semi decent tournament he'll attract Interest from bigger clubs. I see Liverpool and Napoli have both been linked.

I read somewhere Napoli have ended any interest as they bought a different winger.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I really don't think this is as dead-end as it seems. All depends on how he does at the world cup. I think the club are far too pragmatic to only have made a speculative attempt at signing him. Unlikely, yes, but then again most 22 million pound deals will be difficult to pull of for a club like us. I really don't see Naylor's article this morning has having told us anything we didn't already know.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wouldn't pay £25 for the lad let alone £25mil based on his performance so far, one word PONY.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Love it! Desperately wants his move to us to go through, so driving down the price by being anonymous on the tele.

That free-kick might've just saved us £2million

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here