Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can't say I'm overly fussed, but nobody is holding a gun to these girls heads. Its their own free choice to take part, its a high profile worldwide sporting event, probably an enjoyable one for them to take part in, and not a bad thing to have on a CV if these girls are choosing to make their way in the "glamour industry". I don't really see why anyone of either sex should get offended by the choices others make in their lives.

Perhaps with the advent of more and more Grand Prix being awarded to arab states, there has been a cooling in enthusiasm from some quarters for attractive grid girls showing their legs, maybe that's been a factor here. Ultimately though, I couldn't really give a monkeys.

Once again, DAVE, you are the voice of reason. 98% of people couldn't give a monkeys either, including me. The sponsored traffic will still be the sponsored traffic and the only thing left to enjoy about this is the delicious irony that a so called victory for modern feminism was likely achieved by Arab oil money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
F1 and darts are free to choose half naked women parading around if they want, no one is physically forcing them to stop doing this.

As [MENTION=3952]nigeyb[/MENTION] has posted above is a business decision to not have them, i.e. they think they will make more money without them, just as they were introduced to make more money they are now disappearing to make more money. Clearly people don't want this anymore after all the market is always right.

No its pressure from the TV companies who pay the contract, who intern are getting (or bailing out before they do) pressure from the Feminazis and Co.

As [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] has pointed out, there is "we" out there who seem to be the ones telling us what is acceptable.

was probably 5 outraged tweets somewhere that the media love to pick up on and refer to it as a massive "backlash"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'd suggest you have absolutely no idea if they enjoy their jobs or not either. It just suits you to assume they don't.

The ring girls i know DO enjoy their jobs. I hope for their sake they are allowed to continue doing so.

Serial Killers enjoy what they do.... it doesn't mean that society should allow them to continue. What these girls do damages the perception of women in society as a whole. We [should] have moved on from the idea that women are decoration, let's demonstrate to the next generation(s) that women are of equal value to men and deserve to be treated as such.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Who is banning it? I cannot see any post where someone is advocating banning it. The powers that be in F1, have taken the decision to drop it, so we are debating their decision.

Promo girls are also models so they can earn their living modelling. Being a promo girl is just a small part of their livelihood.

But how else can I justify my boner when I'm out in public?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
F1 and darts are free to choose half naked women parading around if they want, no one is physically forcing them to stop doing this.

As [MENTION=3952]nigeyb[/MENTION] has posted above is a business decision to not have them, i.e. they think they will make more money without them, just as they were introduced to make more money they are now disappearing to make more money. Clearly people don't want this anymore after all the market is always right.

In the present climate do you really believe that?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Serial Killers enjoy what they do.... it doesn't mean that society should allow them to continue. What these girls do damages the perception of women in society as a whole. We [should] have moved on from the idea that women are decoration, let's demonstrate to the next generation(s) that women are of equal value to men and deserve to be treated as such.

Oh dear. :facepalm::lolol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No its pressure from the TV companies who pay the contract, who intern are getting (or bailing out before they do) pressure from the Feminazis and Co.

As [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] has pointed out, there is "we" out there who seem to be the ones telling us what is acceptable.

was probably 5 outraged tweets somewhere that the media love to pick up on and refer to it as a massive "backlash"

Whether its TV contracts or Feminazis (how old are you, 11?) money talks in sport as I am sure you know (I assume you know). The TV contract people, the F1 people, the darts people etc. have all reached the point whereby it is commercially beneficial to not having half naked women parading around. That's progress, just as it isnt commercially beneficial for companies to still manufacture Betamax equipment its no longer commercially beneficial having half naked women parading around.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
This has literally nothing to do with protecting Grid Girls from sexism. Why are so many people struggling to understand this? This is not about these individual women, of course they have chosen to do this, Bernie Ecclestone is not rounding up women to stand next to F1 cars against their will.

The issue here and in the darts case is that impressionable viewers/spectators are led to believe that all women can aspire to is to look pretty and stand next to a successful man. That is why this outmoded practice is finally ending. If you cannot understand this then you are a bit of thicket, imo.

Yes I get what you are saying. But girls have choices to go into other careers too. My daughter has a good education and has a professional job/career.

Those who are happy to do this, can as far as I am concerned. I don't think the example they set to society is a negative one. It would only be bad for society if that was the only roles available to women.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What these girls do damages the perception of women in society as a whole.

So does what all the gold digging ho's do too. I'd say gold diggers are a bigger problem in society than grid girls when it comes to the perception of women.

Yet those that protest the likes of grid girls never say anything about the gold diggers.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Who is banning it? I cannot see any post where someone is advocating banning it. The powers that be in F1, have taken the decision to drop it, so we are debating their decision.

Promo girls are also models so they can earn their living modelling. Being a promo girl is just a small part of their livelihood.

Do you mean glamour? I don't think they'd fit into the world of fashion ... unfortunately

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Serial KILLERS? Grid girls? :lolol:

And your telling me that the next gen are so ****ing thick that the site of grid girls will confuse them as to how society should treat woman, and each other ? :wozza:

Do what you like, cause if that"s the case here is no hope for them then.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Cheerleading is fine by me. Cheerleading in the US is actually competitive and the cheerleaders (not always girls) are also performing routines.

It's nothing like standing still and holding a sign because you look good.

Some may disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here