Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

4goals

Jul 26, 2016
Good luck to him, slightly odd move but onwards & upwards, remember the fantastic saves, especially the pen against Sheff Wed (& against the Brum a few years back). Certainly did his bit to get us promotion. Able deputies in place already so all good.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reading the last few pages of this thread, I must be the only person who is rather glad that he has gone. Did not rate him that highly and thought he was not good enough for the prem. I'm guessing that the club did not rate him that much as they only offered him a 1 year contract.

He did a decent job for us, but there are lots of better GK's out there. It's the clubs job to make sure we sign a better replacement.
Totally agree.....bloody great on his day but he doesn't feel me with confidence even though he had a super defence in front of him.His silly errors would increase if he stayed next season.

All the best to him and Birmingham next season although can't stand that over spending redknapp :glare:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Birmingham?? F***ing hell.

Whatever happened to that "family comes first" tweet? They must be paying fortunes because I am currently spending a huge amount of time working there and can confirm it's still a shithole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can bet your bottom dollar that he son't be living in Brum.

Some lovely countryside mansions in Warks or Worcs where he can park up his Bentley Continental though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've worked in am office of Blues fans for years. Work will be fun tomorrow. To correct a few things :

-Brum have or were very close to selling out thier season tickets for next year. The arry effect has taken hold
-Arry definitely has a war chest. He wouldn't come this far North without one. They even started spending heavily in January (Lucas jutkevitz spelt wrong) and thier new owners have big ambitions, big wallets and small brains. The wages that [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] quoted will go through the roof. It remains to be seen if this is replicated on the pitch. Think Derby on steroids.
-Tommy K was dropped by Rowett last year and still can't kick or get past his 6 yard box when a cross comes in. Don't even think about it.
-Birmingham is a shithole but he isn't going to get a 2 bed semi in Bordesley Heath. Believe it or not, Royal Leamington Spa and Stratford upon Avon are quite nice.
- Birmingham fans always bang on about how good Joe Hart was when they had him. No matter how well he plays next yeat he will still be 'shit' in comparison. It's that kind of mindset.

Good luck DS. This isn't like Glenn Murray when he left. If the club wanted him that badly he'd still be here.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Errr...Wow!!

Birmingham? At least it will keep his missus quiet on Twitter, thank ****... And I'm not even on Twitter.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
But surely the few nobs on twatter (who I am in no way defending) wouldn't have been there - at least not on Stockdale's case - if he hadn't been twittering himself, and apparently not the best considered tweets at that.

Agree entirely. Can't imagine too many other players giving up pretty much their last chance of Premier League football over some strangers on social media.

I assume he was tweeting that shit from his hotel in Birmingham this morning awaiting his medical.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Harry would give him the old soft sell... huge signing on fee.. enough to fund his 6 bedroom mock tudor gated mansion..... probably just north of Brum... so easy access to West Yorkshire.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Baffled, really thought he'd be knocking on the England door for World Cup after a year in prem, a real strange one and must be more to it that we'll never find out

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good luck David. Thanks for a wonderful season. Birmingham have a great acquisition. Cannot for the life of me think what swayed his decision though. Birmingham? Ok could be a force next season.....Championship football when he really could be playing Premier League but the biggest poser for me is that slimy toad 'arry. Why the Feck does he want to play for him?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Good luck David. Thanks for a wonderful season. Birmingham have a great acquisition. Cannot for the life of me think what swayed his decision though. Birmingham? Ok could be a force next season.....Championship football when he really could be playing Premier League but the biggest poser for me is that slimy toad 'arry. Why the Feck does he want to play for him?

He told him he'll be signing Kanu, Di Canio and Rio.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
crikey no ambition --b/ham is a backwards step

Only in one sense...

The other.....

cigar.jpg

As I've already said. Good Luck to him.

There's already been an absolute 'thread-closer' of a post which has sensibly stated we'll just keep improving the squad, bit by bit, season by season. This is part of that.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hadn't even considered Brum when looking at a highly competitive scrap of a Championship next year. At least 10 sides now will be fancying their chances having either spent a good few quid or having cash in the coffers.

Good luck to 'em all, might even keep a small eye on C5.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here