Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Yes the date is right, but from that article
You can bet clubs will be talking over deals for weeks before but nothing can be done officially until Sunday, January 1.

Given that it’s a weekend, don’t expect too much activity until everyone rolls back into the office on the Monday.

So nobody is at the FA to register a player today, and tomorrow is a bank holiday, so the earliest a deal can be done is Tuesday?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes the date is right, but from that article
You can bet clubs will be talking over deals for weeks before but nothing can be done officially until Sunday, January 1.

Given that it’s a weekend, don’t expect too much activity until everyone rolls back into the office on the Monday.

So nobody is at the FA to register a player today, and tomorrow is a bank holiday, so the earliest a deal can be done is Tuesday?

I've seen players signed today via Twitter so it seems you can register them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
???

Glenn Murray on a full transfer ?

Another striker to replace Elvis ?

Midfield reinforcement to cover Ince's legal distractions ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Glenn Murray on a full transfer ?

I'd wait and see where we are after the end of the season.

Another striker to replace Elvis ?

Definitely - he was meant to be our 4th striker, but wasn't good enough. We need cover for Baldock.

Midfield reinforcement to cover Ince's legal distractions ?

Yes, but won't be a front line / first choice player. Will be 4th / 5th choice behind Stephens / Kayal / Sidwell / Norwood.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will JFC move on today ?

Or perhaps there will be some SINGING at the albion ?

???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Frank...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No singing likely this week. [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] will NO DOWT be onto my INFO within SECONDS CLAMEING HIS heard the SAME.

HOWEVER the ONE SINGING we are going to MAKE is Glinn Morray on a PERM.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

17e7914af20896603649b75fc8ec9702.jpg

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Im probably being a bit thick here but....

Why do we need to sign Murray permanently in this window?

We have him on loan until the end of the season, Bournemouth confirmed he cannot be recalled, he cannot be signed by anyone else whilst contracted to us and we are only paying a percentage of his wages, so why do we need to sign him now?

Surely agree a deal now where we buy him end of season but not immediately?

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

We have him on loan until the end of the season, Bournemouth confirmed he cannot be recalled, he cannot be signed by anyone else whilst contracted to us and we are only paying a percentage of his wages, so why do we need to sign him now?

Maybe think about what Glenn wants?

If our top scorer who is on target for 30 league goals wants to sign a permanent contract, we should oblige. Remember the last time he wanted to sign a contract? We made a mistake that probably cost us 3 or 4 years of Premier League football.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Why? Your assumption here is that we have better things to do with the money this would cost.

Firstly not many transfers these days result in pre-payment of the entire fee.

Secondly rule one applies if your worried this would materially decrease our spending ability for other targets this window.

Thirdly I'm sure we're not cash heavy ATM nor are we receiving an awesome rate of interest on said cash therefore enabling us to earn a yield equivalent to our contribution to Glenn's wages whilst on loan

And fourthly as others have mentioned why risk giving someone else time to turn Glenn's head with a more lucrative offer by not securing him permanently now?

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Thanks for the comments

As previously suggested we could do an agreement now to sign him at the end of the season I just dont understand the need to make it permanent right now

Yes I am suggesting we may need money elsewhere, we all know we need another striker, even if it is only cover, we also know the club has committed very heavily and that any cash saved will be very useful right now. No i am not referring to FFP as I know we have complied but just in general any cash saved is a good thing.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Thanks for the comments

As previously suggested we could do an agreement now to sign him at the end of the season I just dont understand the need to make it permanent right now

Yes I am suggesting we may need money elsewhere, we all know we need another striker, even if it is only cover, we also know the club has committed very heavily and that any cash saved will be very useful right now. No i am not referring to FFP as I know we have complied but just in general any cash saved is a good thing.

Unlikely we'd save any money either way as any transferral of the wage costs from AFCB to us will undoubtedly be reflected in the purchase price agreed. There is no downside to securing Glenn permanently now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here