moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Pot black and devided we stand.
My favourite two episodes

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I can't see how they'd even manage to be close to the original. It'd be pretty much impossible to do a character even approaching Steptoe (senior) now and the series would fall flat on its arse without.

At least that article suggests its an attempt to make a "new old" episode which is a tiny bit less implausible.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
New Porridge should be on our screens soon. :facepalm:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They're remaking Only Fools and Horses with Michal Macintye as Del, Russel Howard as Rodney and Jack Dee as Grandad.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Have the bbc script writers just run out of ideas for new material?
These classics being talked about here should be left alone. They're all British institutions

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The new AYBS airs on Sunday evening...I can't imagine that Mrs Slocombe's pussy will have aged at all well, assuming they're allowed to include it of course.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Come on admit it you have missed Mrs Slocombe's pussy :lolol:

or has this been dropped from the remake as unacceptable

I think Mrs Slocombe's pussy has well and truly been sealed for good, explorers have disappeared and not been seen again.
Missed that program, yes, the new one will never have the same comedic values, that I experienced in the 70's :wink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think Mrs Slocombe's pussy has well and truly been sealed for good, explorers have disappeared and not been seen again.
Missed that program, yes, the new one will never have the same comedic values, that I experienced in the 70's :wink:

I saw a preview yesterday and to be fair, it didn't look too bad. Mrs Slocombe's pussy does feature...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
New 'Love they neighbour' anyone? At number 97, the Cohens, withe their cheeky zionist teenager, Ofer. At number 99, the Bin Laden's, with their cheeky jihadi teenager, 'Mo'. Endless comedy . . .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The golden age of television is long gone and can never come back, multiple channels and catchup means that anything halfway decent is repeated ad infinitum until people become fed up. Too many channels producing too much sh@t just to fill airtime. How many channels do we have and how many programmes are actually worth watching ? is a programme about trying to buy an ashtray for 50p and selling it for £3.50 in order to beat a rivals 60p pepper pot worth screening ? would that have been commissioned when there were 3 channels in the 70's ? it's mostly ALL crap now apart from innovative nature progs relying on Sir David Attenborough and advances in filming. Too much chewing gum for the eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here