Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyway enough of the bullsh!t [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] . We know you already knew!

#sheebointheknow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
One note to make is that a front 3 of Pritchard behind Murray / Hemed isn't exactly quick. Who will go past defenders?
Will be interesting to see where the pace comes from and how they all fit together. Although Pritchard's balls into the box for Murray and Hemed will be tasty.
If we have pulled this off it is a superb signing & will add so much to an already competitive squad. I'll never be confident (especially after last season) till we have 100% confirmation but bringing in Pritchard would surely mean we'd be up there & pushing all season

I really rate this guy. At Brentford he had a terrific season in what was probably the most attacking team in the division & one unlucky not to go up. From memory Pritchard played mainly central attacking midfield but was given free reign to press up. Their other midfielders covered if he ran with or without the ball supporting the forwards - one aspect of Brentford's play that caused panic in defences was their fluidity

Judge was comfortable on either wing, Andre Gray used his pace along the line & add to that the presence of Jota & Will Grigg & you can see why they scored plenty. I don't know if Pritchard has genuine pace but he's nippy, creative & has goal threat. He was the supplier & also scored himself. He'll be immense for us but he's not at all like Stephens who has the superior physical presence

If we lose Stephens to secure this signing I'll be upset. It would be massive to have both. If so it'd mean Sam on the bench - we'd not pay up to £8m for a player who wouldn't start. If it meant selling Stephens to get him then Sidwell has the graft needed to partner Kayal

Last season Pochettini expressed his disgust that WBA didn't use Pritchard during the full season on loan. It should mean AP is hungry to make up for lost time though. This seems too good to be true - a much valued PL player who would soon increase his sell on value. Imagine AK & Pritchard going at back fours plus linking closely with our top two? I'm pinching myself

Levy is known to be a hard guy to deal with so perhaps we've 'jumped the queue' due to CH's Tottenham connection. Nice one Chris & TB! This is a massive signing of intent as well as a player who'll greatly improve us. He's a better player than any of Derby's 8 midfielders lol

It's a good day to be a Blue. Get it over the line & bring on the season :)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
and solly has been cleared to start training again!

This is the brightest day of the summer by some way!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyway enough of the bullsh!t [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] . We know you already knew!

#sheebointheknow

There's an absolute GEM sitting in the SINGING thread - and I've barely posted on there this Summer. I'm all ready to quote - [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] posts every day on these and still never gets it WRITE! :lo:

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
If we have pulled this off it is a superb signing & will add so much to an already competitive squad. I'll never be confident (especially after last season) till we have 100% confirmation but bringing in Pritchard would surely mean we'd be up there & pushing all season

I really rate this guy. At Brentford he had a terrific season in what was probably the most attacking team in the division & one unlucky not to go up. From memory Pritchard played mainly central attacking midfield but was given free reign to press up. Their other midfielders covered if he ran with or without the ball supporting the forwards - one aspect of Brentford's play that caused panic in defences was their fluidity

Judge was comfortable on either wing, Andre Gray used his pace along the line & add to that the presence of Jota & Will Grigg & you can see why they scored plenty. I don't know if Pritchard has genuine pace but he's nippy, creative & has goal threat. He was the supplier & also scored himself. He'll be immense for us but he's not at all like Stephens who has the superior physical presence

If we lose Stephens to secure this signing I'll be upset. It would be massive to have both. If so it'd mean Sam on the bench - we'd not pay up to £8m for a player who wouldn't start. If it meant selling Stephens to get him then Sidwell has the graft needed to partner Kayal

Last season Pochettini expressed his disgust that WBA didn't use Pritchard during the full season on loan. It should mean AP is hungry to make up for lost time though. This seems too good to be true - a much valued PL player who would soon increase his sell on value. Imagine AK & Pritchard going at back fours plus linking closely with our top two? I'm pinching myself

Levy is known to be a hard guy to deal with so perhaps we've 'jumped the queue' due to CH's Tottenham connection. Nice one Chris & TB! This is a massive signing of intent as well as a player who'll greatly improve us. He's a better player than any of Derby's 8 midfielders lol

A blue you say ? Whassat ?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

its not done yet

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
A couple of points - he wore 21 at Brentford (no surprise this squad number is free) and he adds right footed set plays to the team - recall at least half a dozen free kick goals for Brentford

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There's an absolute GEM sitting in the SINGING thread - and I've barely posted on there this Summer. I'm all ready to quote - [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] posts every day on these and still never gets it WRITE! :lo:

I'm calling you out. You are Paul Barber!! [emoji2]

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Hey let's just assume this is a done deal....

This has to affect Baldock's prospects more than anyone else. Personally, I've always viewed him as a clear weak spot in the team. Perhaps CH feels the same....

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Hey let's just assume this is a done deal....

This has to affect Baldock's prospects more than anyone else. Personally, I've always viewed him as a clear weak spot in the team. Perhaps CH feels the same....

Wilson out, Pritchard in. CH said the other day he wants to rotate his strikers, this would allow him to do so.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
someone on twatter said that he turned leeds united down and they can't believe he would prefer brighton! HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD!

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
True enough. That's why I'm still using the word if & saying I won't be confident until it's confirmed

This would be a big deal in every sense of the word...but I'll wait for that fat lady to open her lungs ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here