Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes they are , i was there yesterday i went along to ensure tommy robinson was able to speak.
[MENTION=33325]johanngull[/MENTION] This is how you should be showing your support for Tommy Robinson. There’s just no need for your misdirection; it’s really tacky.

Alf knows I profoundly disagree with a lot of what he says, and we’ve had the odd run in when I think he’s overstepped the line of acceptability, but you have to be really careful if you’re going to curtail free speech.

On that subject (free speech), Alf, personally, I don’t much like the avatar either. Hey ho, I’ll have to lump it.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
"The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic."

Oliver Wendell Holmes. Fairly self explanatory in relation to Mr Robinson (although I did love 2-4-6-8 Motorway back in the day).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Speech which is restricted goes underground where it cannot be subject to challenge.

You don't defeat bad ideas by silencing them, you defeat bad ideas with better ideas.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Speech which is restricted goes underground where it cannot be subject to challenge.

You don't defeat bad ideas by silencing them, you defeat bad ideas with better ideas.

In general, yep, I agree. One caveat: a great orator can persuade joe public of the merits of his/her ideas, irrespective of the validity of the content. It’s important to always evaluate the content of what is being promoted, and not just get carried away by the emotional impact of great oratory.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
5 posts and all about politics. Why join a football forum?

Well, quite.

Personally I'm much more concerned with the mindset of those starting threads on NSC - a broad church when it comes to most things including political ideology, but primarily not its raison d'être which is football talk - with a seemingly-deliberate agenda to inflame, antagonize and divide.

Don't ruin our NSC.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Tommy Robinson is entitled to say what he thinks as is anyone else in this country
When it descends into violence at Speakers Corner then we may have the beginnings of civil unrest sadly
It seems the government is more worried about Russians get bumped off than the horrors that occurred in Telford etc
It’s going to get very messy out there very soon
The ONLY reason it descended into violence is when muslims attacked the people that were there to ensure that tommy robinson was able to speak, i was there , that is a fact.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
In general, yep, I agree. One caveat: a great orator can persuade joe public of the merits of his/her ideas, irrespective of the validity of the content. It’s important to always evaluate the content of what is being promoted, and not just get carried away by the emotional impact of great oratory.

Barry-Yes.gif

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
[MENTION=33325]johanngull[/MENTION] This is how you should be showing your support for Tommy Robinson. There’s just no need for your misdirection; it’s really tacky.

Alf knows I profoundly disagree with a lot of what he says, and we’ve had the odd run in when I think he’s overstepped the line of acceptability, but you have to be really careful if you’re going to curtail free speech.

On that subject (free speech), Alf, personally, I don’t much like the avatar either. Hey ho, I’ll have to lump it.
you disagree with MOST of what i say , not 'a lot' of what i say :lolol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, quite.

Personally I'm much more concerned with the mindset of those starting threads on NSC - a broad church when it comes to most things including political ideology, but primarily not its raison d'être which is football talk - with a seemingly-deliberate agenda to inflame, antagonize and divide.

Don't ruin our NSC.

Yes - the seemingly deliberate “agenda to inflame, antagonise and divide” of a handful of posters does, imo, go against the raison d’être of NSC. Against that, one has to weigh free speech.

Posting history plays a part for me: some folk post on football and start seemingly deliberately provocative threads. They are different, imo, to those who only start such threads. The OP has, so far, fallen into the latter category, but he’s made only 5 posts. Maybe he’s interested in football too, but just hasn’t shown it yet? This thread has certainly promoted him to the “hmmm, let’s keep an eye out” category though.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not really. Martin Sellner was.
Dont be silly Dave , Tommy Robinson was able to speak , whether that was a speech he prepared or one written by someone else , he was there top speak , and he did, simple.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The ONLY reason it descended into violence is when muslims attacked the people that were there to ensure that tommy robinson was able to speak, i was there , that is a fact.

Of course it's a fact, so the following must be fake

[video]https://5pillarsuk.com/2018/03/19/video-far-right-supporters-of-tommy-robinson-provoke-muslims-at-speakers-corner/[/video]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here