Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Played well. 17 shots (6 on target) compared to their 8 (2 on target). They were just far more clinical in the final third, as you would expect from the kind of players they have in their team.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bollocks!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If Locadia gets some serious game time I think we have a winner there.

All in all I see serious improvement as the season has gone on.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We are a very good team between the boxes and can match the best. Unfortunately we don’t have the quality to hurt them. United were average and barely created anything, but they still scored two goals and had two other great chances. We played well but didn’t really get a dangerous chance at all. That’s what £350m in two years versus £50m in two years buys you I suppose.

That's not true, Locadia had a couple (especially the free header), Izquierdo had a good chance when he came on, and Dunk had a free header in the first half that he should have done better with.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
We can't complain at that display. Leo and Locardia have never really played together and they did fine. Really proud of the boys. Keep it coming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got a new crush, involving Davy P.

When the opposition lose the ball, going forward about 30 yards out, how does it end at Propper's feet as he's doing a random, semi circular, arching run.

It's like they pass to him and Davy nonchalantly carries on with his arc, ball at feet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was proud to be an Albion fan tonight, fans and players gave a good account of themselves but it was a bridge too far. We were far from disgraced, a win or draw would have been nice but we limited United to two clear chances and they scored from both :shrug:

Now back to concentrating on staying in this league

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We were the better team 2nd half, but United's class came through for them.

Still, it's been an unexpected and enjoyable Cup journey to the Quarter-Final stage.

Once Premier League survival has been secured, the season will have been an excellent one.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We can't complain at that display. Leo and Locardia have never really played together and they did fine. Really proud of the boys. Keep it coming.

It was a great effort, but when you go away and play that well it is disappointing when you dont take a couple of the good chances we created, especially when, yet again, United were not that good.
Having said that their first goal was almost impossible to defend against and our passing going forward and across the back was top notch.
When you get that far in a cup competition it is disappointing to play well and go out.
Mourinho not happy with his team again.
Its a measure of how much we have improved that I am disappointed that we did not take it to ET.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here