Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team verses Everton.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Have we really reached the point where absolutely no one will suggest they prefer Suttner to Bong, and why spend all that money on Locadia if he's not going to play?

I don't believe it. Someone will be along soon.

Oh I will say I prefer Suttner to Bong... but should he be in the side currently... no chance.

Obviously the same side should be selected, play it again Chris.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the betting as we all zig, our loony toons manager will zag.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The beauty of it is that nobody who is out of the starting XI can possibly argue with the team selection. Even the bench looks like the best picks.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Depending on fitness, unchanged. I'd expect changes the week after for the game at United of the two.

The United changes has been mooted, but note that there's a two week international break after that game. As good as our squad now is, Mourinho is only going to play three, maybe four, players that wouldn't be first choices. I think we need to at the least replicate that.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be making a ton of changes v Man Utd.

If we were to beat Everton I may re-think

Krul

Bruno
Goldson
Uwe
Suttner

March
Stephens
Kayal
Knockaert

Locadia

Ulloa

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I have to say I'd be tempted to rest Glenn - he's much better at the Amex, and Ulloa will be desperate to play. 90 mins against Arsenal will have taken a lot out of him. Bring on as a second half sub if we need a goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally, not exactly worth the wait, but at least we've got one.
Nicely played too, ignoring the fact that after the game Murray has 2 weeks off and Ulloa is all but guaranteed a start next week.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another vote for more of the same. We have to ride this wave for as long as we can, when it starts to fade bring in the reinforcements.

Without doubt the strongest Albion squad I can remember, even the 'reserves' look formidable at the moment.

With Everton's confidence at a low ebb right no, I'd like to think we'll go for the jugular again and get these next few points as quick as we can.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Finally, not exactly worth the wait, but at least we've got one.
Nicely played too, ignoring the fact that after the game Murray has 2 weeks off and Ulloa is all but guaranteed a start next week.

Someone had to!

I'm well aware that he's got two weeks off - the question is more whether he'll have enough in the tank for Everton on Saturday. I suspect Chris will think he has!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did he have concussion though? Seemed fine watching the U23s on Monday night.

The reason we have a concussion protocol in sport now is that you can feel absolutely fine a few minutes or hours after the concussion, however the brain may not be fine. I think the point is that a player can want to play feeling completely fit and normal, but another blow to the head for example could be really serious.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Someone had to!

I'm well aware that he's got two weeks off - the question is more whether he'll have enough in the tank for Everton on Saturday. I suspect Chris will think he has!

At any point in the season has Glenn looked like he's needed a rest when we have a week between matches? Is it just an assumption because he is 34, or something you've noted in a drop in performance in consecutive games?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
At any point in the season has Glenn looked like he's needed a rest when we have a week between matches? Is it just an assumption because he is 34, or something you've noted in a drop in performance in consecutive games?

No - but he normally gets taken off on 70 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The reason we have a concussion protocol in sport now is that you can feel absolutely fine a few minutes or hours after the concussion, however the brain may not be fine. I think the point is that a player can want to play feeling completely fit and normal, but another blow to the head for example could be really serious.

I'm going far out of my comfort zone here, but isn't it the case that a blow to the head, even a premeditated knockout assault like the one of our Greyhound, doesn't instantly equal a concussion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No - but he normally gets taken off on 70 minutes.

All Murray did in the last 20 minutes was look to get 'fouled', he sure as hell wasn't running in on goal from just inside our half. :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect Schelotto will miss this one.

Same team as for Arsenal with Bruno instead of Schelotto, and have Suttner on the bench.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Have we really reached the point where absolutely no one will suggest they prefer Suttner to Bong, and why spend all that money on Locadia if he's not going to play?

I don't believe it. Someone will be along soon.

Gotta be Baldock over Murray. He didn't even try to run when through on goal last weekend.

How was that?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oh I will say I prefer Suttner to Bong... but should he be in the side currently... no chance.

Obviously the same side should be selected, play it again Chris.

Agree with that. I do prefer Suttner but there is no way you can justify dropping Bong at the moment. He is playing the best he has ever played for us. Must admit I didn't see him playing much (and would have preferred us to keep Pocognoli instead) but am happy to be proved wrong.

As for Everton, the only possible change (assuming Schelotto is fit) is March for Knockaert. Hughton seems to prefer March for the away games and Knockaert for the home ones

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm going far out of my comfort zone here, but isn't it the case that a blow to the head, even a premeditated knockout assault like the one of our Greyhound, doesn't instantly equal a concussion?

Well, they are difficult to diagnose, hence the protocols. You don't actually need to lose consciousness to suffer a concussion, but losing consciousness, even for a second is almost certainly to mean you have suffered one. The reason for the issue is because a player jumping up and saying they're fine was thought to be sign enough they weren't concussed, but actually a mild blow to the head can result in a concussion. They are graded due to the severity, but the attending medical person would normally ask some questions to test long and short term memory, so for a player you would say 'what's your name', 'do you know who we're playing' 'what the score is' 'can you remember who we played last week?' etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here