Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kremlin Bots can vote on the internet, but find it difficult to turn up to marches.

And Kremlin Bots do not vote for the benefit of you or me. They vote to mess with the minds of the MPs and ministers and even the PM.
If Brighton fans can mess up a Palace vote, then it's hardly surprising that Russia can mess with online votes on our politics.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
no.

and the rumours of 48 letters need to be seen before believed. we heard all this last month and in reality there was no where near enough (20 odd) with MPs being named that hadnt written any letter. ERG is probably stirring this up as a way to force a change. only a couple of days ago we heard that DUP would back May in a confidence vote if she lost the brexit vote, and Corbyn wont call a confidence vote until he sure he'll win it. that tells how the numbers work

I think May's husband, Phillip has written and sent one of the No Confidence letters and signed it with his wife's name.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The ONLY lucid reason I've heard from leave voters is immigration where there is a debate to be had, no doubt.
That's simply not true. There was plenty of discussion here about problems with the EU, the direction it's been going and why voters don't want to be part of it, with examples such as their contemptuous treatment of Greece. How you've managed to convince yourself that the only argument was regarding immigration I don't know.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Good quote from Radio 5 Live this morning:

BBC Radio 5 live is asking listeners if they are 'backing Theresa May?'

David in North Yorkshire says: "I'm over the edge. This is just getting beyond a joke. The ramifications of this for me personally are that I now can't vote Conservative in the future because I can never forgive them for doing this.

"And I don’t want to vote Labour either.

"So I’m now done with politics and politicians. I’m bereft, I’m a political orphan, I can’t vote for anyone.

"The damage that these guys and girls are doing to this country is horrendous."

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The Christmas Tree outside Number Ten is very impressive. #positivethinking

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Actually, it's sadly given a lot of nice people who live and work here to believe a lot of lies and think they're not welcome. Leave was never about evicting foreigners; remain did their best to make hundreds, if not thousands, of nice people think that was the case.
There are no more racists, and they are no more vocal, than there were two years ago; probably less - although some remainers will try to portray it as otherwise, the anti-racist message continues to make headway....maybe all too slowly, but the majority of us can't help that. We must just keep pushing.

That's simply not true. There was plenty of discussion here about problems with the EU, the direction it's been going and why voters don't want to be part of it, with examples such as their contemptuous treatment of Greece. How you've managed to convince yourself that the only argument was regarding immigration I don't know.

"the EU, the direction it's been going" <> Lucid, it's precisely that sort of comment I'm talking about.

I was actually referring to conversations I've had, that wasn't clear in my post (I never proof read them), apologies. Anyway, point was is that it's ludicrous to suggest that immigrations wasn't a consideration.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

This - and if [MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION] wants to look through my posts he'd see immigration is very low down on my list as to why I voted leave.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Good quote from Radio 5 Live this morning:

BBC Radio 5 live is asking listeners if they are 'backing Theresa May?'

David in North Yorkshire says: "I'm over the edge. This is just getting beyond a joke. The ramifications of this for me personally are that I now can't vote Conservative in the future because I can never forgive them for doing this.

"And I don’t want to vote Labour either.

"So I’m now done with politics and politicians. I’m bereft, I’m a political orphan, I can’t vote for anyone.

"The damage that these guys and girls are doing to this country is horrendous."

I posted this on the animation thread but it bears repeating.

[tweet]1072531656232308739[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyway, point was is that it's ludicrous to suggest that immigrations wasn't a consideration.
Well that was certainly a consideration for many people, but it would also be ludicrous to suggest that was the only reason, or that others didn't make the choice based completely on other reasons.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I think there are plenty of reasons to challenge/quit membership of the EU, and there have been a number of posters on here as well as in the "real world" that have put good arguments forward.

But it is undeniably the case that immigration has been used as a key driver within the Leave agenda.

It's a failure of politicians and society as a whole to discuss immigration and the disenfranchisement of significant parts of the electorate that led to this stupid mess we are in now imo.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think there are plenty of reasons to challenge/quit membership of the EU, and there have been a number of posters on here as well as in the "real world" that have put good arguments forward.

But it is undeniably the case that immigration has been used as a key driver within the Leave agenda.

It's a failure of politicians and society as a whole to discuss immigration and the disenfranchisement of significant parts of the electorate that led to this stupid mess we are in now imo.

Around 4% of the UK population originates from the EU. Its out of control, like Syrian's entering Jordan....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It is a failure but also the elephant in the room. Regardless of the EU, economic growth almost always = population growth. We have a negative birth rate at 1.8, doesn’t take Alan Turing to figure out we need immigration. Hence despite having the sovereign power to curb immigration we haven’t and it’s got F all to do with the EU.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here