Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Three new craft beer bars opening soon in Brighton

Jul 7, 2003
Not been there yet myself but friends say that The Old Bike Store in Worthing is another welcome addition to the Worthing micropub scene.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not been there yet myself but friends say that The Old Bike Store in Worthing is another welcome addition to the Worthing micropub scene.

Popped in there on Friday evening, purely by chance, with [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] as part of a mini crawl from the Corner House, via the Rocking Horse for cocktails, The Old Bike Store, a first visit to Cow & Oak, before meeting up with [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] in the Egremont.

I'm pretty sure their sign said "Micropub?", and I wonder if the question mark is due to the size of the place. Although not wide, being shop unit width, it does go back a far away. It's quite a clean look and minimalist inside. Nice place though.

They don't seem to have a site that I can find, relying on FB it seems: https://www.facebook.com/theoldbikestore/photos/a.2100231876908541/2146128205652241/?type=3&theater

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also very close by now: https://www.beernoevil.co.uk

Quite a nice little scene developing at that end of town now.

Seems decent too. Sent him a message on FB last week, having never met him asking if he could get me some Siren Barrel Aged Chocolate Cake and a week later he got a box in!

Jul 7, 2003
Seems decent too. Sent him a message on FB last week, having never met him asking if he could get me some Siren Barrel Aged Chocolate Cake and a week later he got a box in!

Popped into both Old Bike Store and Beer No Evil on Saturday evening with my son. The Old Bike Store is a nice space - similar to the Georgi Finn over in Goring. Decent enough range of beer. The only thing I found was that it was very noisy even thought the place was by no means full.

Wasn't sure what to expect with Beer No Evil. It is more of a beer shop than a bar and they have different licensing restrictions to the others (you have to be seated to drink). They have a few beers on tap and also one of those special machines to put tap beer into growlers while removing the air to keep the beer better. The selection of beers in the fridges is quite wide - similar to the Bottle & Jug. The couple who run it are very friendly and looking to build up the business. Not a place to go with a large group as they only have around a dozen seats but nice to pop into for a beer or two.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any suggestions for decent pubs between Portslade & Hove?

Gonna go on a pub crawl tomorrow, start at the Foghorn and go east. Old Albion, Urchin, Bison and maybe finish at the Watchmakers. Have I missed any ?

...............................They have a few beers on tap and also one of those special machines to put tap beer into growlers while removing the air to keep the beer better...................

:eek::eek: Please explain, new one on me. Perhaps I am old fashioned :)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Any suggestions for decent pubs between Portslade & Hove?

Gonna go on a pub crawl tomorrow, start at the Foghorn and go east. Old Albion, Urchin, Bison and maybe finish at the Watchmakers. Have I missed any ?

The Better Half is decent just off Kingsway south of the big Tesco!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Better Half is decent just off Kingsway south of the big Tesco!

Great shout. Brilliant pub. Didn’t eat but the food looked good too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here