Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What’s been gradual about his transfer dealings this year? Why did he sign 10 players this summer? He spent £70m on those players. Wouldn’t we be better off right now with two or three new players, each costing £25m or so?

It seems to me like he’s added numbers but very little quality this season, proven by the fact £15m Bissouma can’t get on the pitch ahead of Kayal (who wasn’t good enough to get in the team last season), our £18m record signing is absolutely appalling and two new full backs bought at a cost of £17m have made a combined 8 starts out of 26.

You aren't allowed to voice dissent against the greatest manager the world has ever seen. That asides, I agree that sometimes, just sometimes, his tactics should be brought to question, yesterday was appalling.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Pedantic suits you perfectly.
And "getting everything completely wrong" suits you sir!
efe3f903deae9e4c94ccb8bd642efdb5.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Its simple.....we do not score enough goals.....we regularly score one goal.....we rarely concede more than two goals.
We are not good enough to blow teams away. We have poor service from open play. We lack goals from midfield. We defend well and bravely but are prone to regular error. There are at least ten teams in the PL who are clearly better than us. We are well organised, hugely spirited and bond as a team. Our highest target position is, realistically, 11th. Today, we sit 12th.
Can we improve? Of course we can. Are we making too many mistakes? Yes, we are. Are other teams making mistakes? Yes, they are. Could we be more positive? Yes, we could. Would we benefit more by it? Well lets put it to the test. Lets go into the next three games and attack from the word go. Huddrsfld...Palace....Burnley. You would hope a pragmatic approach would realise 5 points. If we attack like crazy and win two out of three....fans would take that. If we attack like crazy and get 3-4 points, would there be rumblings about shedding important points to rivals?
At the moment, some fans are getting a little ahead of themselves. Yesterday was frustrating but we played a decent side, with better players and far more pace than us. They demonstrated how to counter-attack.They took the game away from us in the second half. Our tempo dropped and they forced us back. They deserved a point and we didn't deserve any more.
We have to accept the inevitable defeats. We have to continue to defend well. We have to improve concentration levels. We have to be a tad more clever. There are a host of clever players at this level, taking advantage of us at the moment. We are still a little naive at times.
Oh...and we have 15 points after 13 games, which, maintained, will realise over 40 points, which, despite a lot of fans saying we have been absolute gash, will be more than enough. And any fan who has any worries about survival just needs to look at our run of home fixtures from February onwards. CH is a careful manager. He wants to put points on the board, by whatever means. Despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth, that was still an important point yesterday ( they took six off us last season ). Everyone knows we let ourselves down in the second half. Well, lets put it right over the next three games.

Brilliant [emoji106] Good analysis of where we are at the moment.

Feels like we’re seeing the green shoots of ‘entitlement’ popping up, where it’s OK to pillory the team and CH every time we fail to put teams (even those who won the title a couple of years ago) away. New signings will get their chance soon enough (and yes CH’s caution irritates the hell out me sometimes) and we’ll incrementally improve. We pretty much mugged 9 points off Newcastle, West Ham and Wolves, so the last couple of results aren’t really a surprise.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe with Gross and Propper back and now we've seen the end of these poxy international breaks, maybe the team will get into some kind of rhythm now. Tho remains difficult to see where the goals are going to come from, apart from the obvious.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brilliant [emoji106] Good analysis of where we are at the moment.

Feels like we’re seeing the green shoots of ‘entitlement’ popping up, where it’s OK to pillory the team and CH every time we fail to put teams (even those who won the title a couple of years ago) away. New signings will get their chance soon enough (and yes CH’s caution irritates the hell out me sometimes) and we’ll incrementally improve. We pretty much mugged 9 points off Newcastle, West Ham and Wolves, so the last couple of results aren’t really a surprise.

Sorry? Entitlement? Since when did opinions become entitlement? I certainly haven't 'pilloried' the team or the manager, I have questioned what the **** we were doing? What were we doing? Can you explain it, because nobody else seems to have come up with an answer yet. Your irritation as you said is correct, I am ****ing irritated with the whole shower of shit. Costs me £600+ a year to watch that. It's not good enough at ANY level and we all have a right to be 'irritated'. Huddersfield currently 1 up and are (as it stands) 14th from 20th. So... if we carry on this shower of shit we may find ourselves 14th to 20th in no time at all.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its simple.....we do not score enough goals.....we regularly score one goal.....we rarely concede more than two goals.
We are not good enough to blow teams away. We have poor service from open play. We lack goals from midfield. We defend well and bravely but are prone to regular error. There are at least ten teams in the PL who are clearly better than us. We are well organised, hugely spirited and bond as a team. Our highest target position is, realistically, 11th. Today, we sit 12th.
Can we improve? Of course we can. Are we making too many mistakes? Yes, we are. Are other teams making mistakes? Yes, they are. Could we be more positive? Yes, we could. Would we benefit more by it? Well lets put it to the test. Lets go into the next three games and attack from the word go. Huddrsfld...Palace....Burnley. You would hope a pragmatic approach would realise 5 points. If we attack like crazy and win two out of three....fans would take that. If we attack like crazy and get 3-4 points, would there be rumblings about shedding important points to rivals?
At the moment, some fans are getting a little ahead of themselves. Yesterday was frustrating but we played a decent side, with better players and far more pace than us. They demonstrated how to counter-attack.They took the game away from us in the second half. Our tempo dropped and they forced us back. They deserved a point and we didn't deserve any more.
We have to accept the inevitable defeats. We have to continue to defend well. We have to improve concentration levels. We have to be a tad more clever. There are a host of clever players at this level, taking advantage of us at the moment. We are still a little naive at times.
Oh...and we have 15 points after 13 games, which, maintained, will realise over 40 points, which, despite a lot of fans saying we have been absolute gash, will be more than enough. And any fan who has any worries about survival just needs to look at our run of home fixtures from February onwards. CH is a careful manager. He wants to put points on the board, by whatever means. Despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth, that was still an important point yesterday ( they took six off us last season ). Everyone knows we let ourselves down in the second half. Well, lets put it right over the next three games.

Seeing this quoted on p29, I had to trawl through several other pages to this THIS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry? Entitlement? Since when did opinions become entitlement? I certainly haven't 'pilloried' the team or the manager, I have questioned what the **** we were doing? What were we doing? Can you explain it, because nobody else seems to have come up with an answer yet. Your irritation as you said is correct, I am ****ing irritated with the whole shower of shit. Costs me £600+ a year to watch that. It's not good enough at ANY level and we all have a right to be 'irritated'. Huddersfield currently 1 up and are (as it stands) 14th from 20th. So... if we carry on this shower of shit we may find ourselves 14th to 20th in no time at all.

Who mentioned you ?

Hudds are 2 up [emoji106]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Who mentioned you ?

Hudds are 2 up [emoji106]

I wasn't talking for me, I was generalising. And yes they have leapt from 20th to 14th, the way down can be just as easy if teams play like the should be in League Two.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wasn't talking for me, I was generalising. And yes they have leapt from 20th to 14th, the way down can be just as easy if teams play like the should be in League Two.

So was I.........I’ve seen loads of posts (not just on here but elsewhere) today where it seems some fans think we should be competing with the best in the division, Hughton is failing, the team aren’t good enough etc which is too strong IMO. Second half yesterday was infuriating (thought the first was a vast improvement on recent games), as was most of the Cardiff game. We need to start improving, no doubt about it but I’m prepared to be patient.........

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

The only comment worth reading on this thread.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So was I.........I’ve seen loads of posts (not just on here but elsewhere) today where it seems some fans think we should be competing with the best in the division, Hughton is failing, the team aren’t good enough etc which is too strong IMO. Second half yesterday was infuriating (thought the first was a vast improvement on recent games), as was most of the Cardiff game. We need to start improving, no doubt about it but I’m prepared to be patient.........

Mate, we were playing a mid table side, we could have gone equal on points with them. They are NOT the best in the division. These are teams we should be competing against. When you have a goal and man advantage it should be rammed home. We did nothing. The formation stayed the same, and incredibly, we were on the back foot in the second half, I can't ever remember a time we have done that. CH isn't going to change his ridgedness, so enjoy the wait.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bit of a knob really, aren't you? Probably the kind of person to give a wide berth to in a pub. Carry on as you were sir.
Nope. Well unless you're the sort of person who walks into a pub and starts spouting complete nonsense. Probably give me and everyone I know a wide berth if that's the case.

Resorting to playground insults when you've been made to look a bit daft a few times isn't a good look. But you carry on mate.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mate, we were playing a mid table side, we could have gone equal on points with them. They are NOT the best in the division. These are teams we should be competing against. When you have a goal and man advantage it should be rammed home. We did nothing. The formation stayed the same, and incredibly, we were on the back foot in the second half, I can't ever remember a time we have done that. CH isn't going to change his ridgedness, so enjoy the wait.

Gross tired after HT (not surprisingly), Murray was limping, Puel was far more astute and CH (and the players) didn’t know how to counter what he did. Hopefully lesson learned but if Hudds and us replicate the weekend performances they’ll probably batter us.........

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nope. Well unless you're the sort of person who walks into a pub and starts spouting complete nonsense. Probably give me and everyone I know a wide berth if that's the case.

Resorting to playground insults when you've been made to look a bit daft a few times isn't a good look. But you carry on mate.

As you were...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Gross tired after HT (not surprisingly), Murray was limping, Puel was far more astute and CH (and the players) didn’t know how to counter what he did. Hopefully lesson learned but if Hudds and us replicate the weekend performances they’ll probably batter us.........

Against ten men. Take Gross and Murray off early doors, replace them with Andone and Locadia, give the boys a chance to prove themselves, go 4-4-2. Press them high up. We did none of it. Rigid 4-4-1-1 even with two players that needed replacing. We were defending for our lives at home against ten men, what doesn't the management staff see?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Against ten men. Take Gross and Murray off early doors, replace them with Andone and Locadia, give the boys a chance to prove themselves, go 4-4-2. Press them high up. We did none of it. Rigid 4-4-1-1 even with two players that needed replacing. We were defending for our lives at home against ten men, what doesn't the management staff see?

I agree with this. I admit at the start of the day I would have settled for a point, but at half time I said that if we don't get 3 points out of this then it's points dropped. They did not trouble us in the first half so why did we go defensive for the second half with the extra man?

IMO i thought we looked better without Stephen's.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Leicester took the game away from us straight into the 2nd half, imposed themselves and bullied us. We couldn't get any momentum going but we still created chances, that some people seem to be overlooking. The overhead kick from Duffy ( not easy for a CB ) the two shots from Izzy ( help! ) and Duffy launching himself at the ball and taking it away from Dunk, who was set to score. Then the late flurry, including when the ball skidded across the six yard box, without the absent Murray to tap it in. Yes, not enough, I agree but still chances to have won the game.
The biggest problem is that we all rock up to games knowing that if Murray, Dunk or Duffy don't score, who else is going to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here