Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Falmer Watch 10th Anniversary – Today, October 31st 2018.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Nice to see the timelapse video still up and running on youtube.

[yt]KzCBCiBmidg[/yt]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION]'s Falmer Watch was always mandatory viewing. Few of us were able to get down there in person and see the dream come to fruition on a weekly basis. Unmissable stuff! :bowdown:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Some time this season, we will see the 5,000,000th person through the turnstiles

At the moment, the combined attendance is 4,653,812 of whom 288,354 are away fans.

Oooh better be a prize for being fan no 5,000,000

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Blimey. 10 years?

While you were standing in that field (before the days of the step ladder) did you think to yourself "in ten years time, we will just have watched our third Premier league win in a row in front of over 30,000 fans?"

Dreams do come true

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Some time this season, we will see the 5,000,000th person through the turnstiles

At the moment, the combined attendance is 4,653,812 of whom 288,354 are away fans.

Then, according to my dodgy maths, should be about 2.43pm on 13th April.
Home to Bournesmuff.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey. 10 years?

While you were standing in that field (before the days of the step ladder) did you think to yourself "in ten years time, we will just have watched our third Premier league win in a row in front of over 30,000 fans?"

Dreams do come true

I can't speak for Mr Straw, but for me - probably no. Top half of the Championship with crowds about 12-15,000 was probably where I expected us to be in the first 5 or 10 years. Remember when construction started Mickey Adams (Mk II) was the manager, so this was before Russel SALDE and before we almost got relegated into the fourth tier!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Blimey. 10 years?

Dreams do come true

I can't remember what my thoughts were as far as where we would be in the league, just that we would have a super stadium that we could all be proud of, regardless of the division we would be in. Perhaps in my deepest subconscious, I envisaged us playing and beating the best teams in the land. It's amazing that some dreams come true!

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
There’s a guy who posts on Twitter with regular drone movies of the ongoing build of Brentford’s new Stadium. If that technology had been available ten years ago Jack Straw’s posts would have been even more memorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As someone living on the other side of the world and thus with no way of seeing any stage of the construction in the flesh I absolutely loved those weekly updates. They kept me more connected to the club and the excitement surrounding it than anything else. I got a real buzz from them.

It really was like a real life field of dreams...if you build it they will come. Not just the fans but the dreams we had for the club all through the dark days and the sodden stasis at withdean. If you build it the dreams will come true.

Thanks Jack for documenting the building and realisation of our footballing dreams:clap2::thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Happy anniversary JS.

And I still have all 32,344 timelapse images on my 'puter

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Amazing at the time and still amazing now, thank you Graeme for an amazing pictorial record that will endure. Unlike the blue roof that hasn't..... anyone know what the latest position is? There was talk of legal action, but that was a year or so ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here