Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If those idiots in Brussels don't see sense then they will see big problems throughout Europe as many countries depend on our trade and if we wanted we could all holiday outside Europe and that would destroy the economies in many countries....Its about what's best for us and Europe and the people....not these idiots who it won't affect !!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So when you said:

That's not really the case is it?

Incidently I have just done a bit of research and apparently the EIB:

"raise the bulk of our lending resources on the international capital markets through bond issues"

And

"None of the money comes from the EU budget."

Pretty much everything you said was incorrect, even more so than I first thought!

[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] "Transit" argument was blown out the water a number of months ago. He has a handful of arguments which, and are, picked apart quite easily. He recycles them a number of months later when I presume he thinks people have forgotten.

He has some highly amusing history with misunderstanding VAT, muddling trade surpluses and deficits and my all time favourite dabbling in pharmacoeconimcs, a topic he clearly knew **** all about and was most likely Googling up on as he was posting. Why he just didn't stop I have no idea.

In short, he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

Jan 30, 2008
If those idiots in Brussels don't see sense then they will see big problems throughout Europe as many countries depend on our trade and if we wanted we could all holiday outside Europe and that would destroy the economies in many countries....Its about what's best for us and Europe and the people....not these idiots who it won't affect !!!
yes, bring back bucket and spade hols in the uk :D
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure why Soulman should be expected to answer or justify specific comments/questions any more than any other person on these tedious Brexit threads. For instance I'm not bothered that my query in post #1362 hasn't been or that silly OTT comments are made, such as 'this country is collapsing around our ears' or the (UK) 'economy is in chaos' without any substantive, credible evidence.

If you make a statement you should be prepared to a answer question about it.

Jan 30, 2008
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] "Transit" argument was blown out the water a number of months ago. He has a handful of arguments which, and are, picked apart quite easily. He recycles them a number of months later when I presume he thinks people have forgotten.

He has some highly amusing history with misunderstanding VAT, muddling trade surpluses and deficits and my all time favourite dabbling in pharmacoeconimcs, a topic he clearly knew **** all about and was most likely Googling up on as he was posting. Why he just didn't stop I have no idea.

In short, he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

Dont flatter yourself :lolol:
regards
DR

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not sure why Soulman should be expected to answer or justify specific comments/questions any more than any other person on these tedious Brexit threads. For instance I'm not bothered that my query in post #1362 hasn't been or that silly OTT comments are made, such as 'this country is collapsing around our ears' or the (UK) 'economy is in chaos' without any substantive, credible evidence.

See no evil.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Hear no evil.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Fair do's ... can you provide any credible evidence that this country is collapsing around our ears or that the UK economy is in chaos?

Are you thick too?

The vast majority of the predictions were for AFTER we Brexited, as it stands we are still a member of the EU as Theresa May so pathetically asserted the other day. As it stands we have just seems an enormous reduction in the value of our currency. Something you and you're fellow quitters seem very happy about as it means higher exports etc etc, handily ignoring that we need to also import things and therefore everything is about to get a lot more expensive. But, of course, we have won our sovereignty of parliament. A sovereignty that doesn't extend to the negotiations of this Brexit that we all must suffer because of you and the knuckle-dragging, immigrant hating, THICKOS you play pied piper for.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair do's ... can you provide any credible evidence that this country is collapsing around our ears or that the UK economy is in chaos?

I just want one single response from [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]. It doesn't even have to be credible, I just want to understand the reason for his statement regardless if it is wrong or right. Nothing more.

And to play ball I don't think the crash in the pound, the lower of interest rates or printing money is the sign of a stable or growing economy. Surely you understand my thinking even if you don't agree.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Are you thick too?

The vast majority of the predictions were for AFTER we Brexited, as it stands we are still a member of the EU as Theresa May so pathetically asserted the other day. As it stands we have just seems an enormous reduction in the value of our currency. Something you and you're fellow quitters seem very happy about as it means higher exports etc etc, handily ignoring that we need to also import things and therefore everything is about to get a lot more expensive. But, of course, we have won our sovereignty of parliament. A sovereignty that doesn't extend to the negotiations of this Brexit that we all must suffer because of you and the knuckle-dragging, immigrant hating, THICKOS that you play pied piper for.

Keep up .. I know there are downsides to a devaluation but have asked a number of times if remoaners acknowledge there are also positives. Nice stereotyping by the way more prejudice and ignorance on show than most of those you condemn ... :p

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
At Gatwick Airport on Thursday you could get €0.94 for £1.

Bloody hell thats frightening .................... the fact that you're using Gatwick airport currency exchange shops as a barometer of sterling values , not the level they are buying sterling at :facepalm:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you thick too?

The vast majority of the predictions were for AFTER we Brexited, as it stands we are still a member of the EU as Theresa May so pathetically asserted the other day. As it stands we have just seems an enormous reduction in the value of our currency. Something you and you're fellow quitters seem very happy about as it means higher exports etc etc, handily ignoring that we need to also import things and therefore everything is about to get a lot more expensive. But, of course, we have won our sovereignty of parliament. A sovereignty that doesn't extend to the negotiations of this Brexit that we all must suffer because of you and the knuckle-dragging, immigrant hating, THICKOS you play pied piper for.
You don't sound the sharpest tool in the box yourself .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Keep up .. I know there are downsides to a devaluation but have asked a number of times if remoaners acknowledge there are also positives.

Of course there are positives for someone just if the pound was super crazily strong. . But, the middle ground is where you need to be imho

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here