Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He’d have been excellent for us. C’est La Vie.

More like we'd have been excellent for him. Some bad advice given there I think, probably his agent.

Looked like he had something extra to prove on Saturday, perhaps to justify to himself that he made the right choice.. instead he watched one of our wingers deliver it on a plate for a 34 yo to score the winning goal while their set pieces kept getting delivered beyond the byline.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why not I thought Chelsea can recall him on 1st January and then decide to send him out on loan again near the end of January around 30th.

Season long loan , no recall option unless he played less than certain number of games which he is virtually on now.

Plus he'd probably want another £1m pay off and now is capped would prob get even bigger fish after him.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Could he be back on the agenda in January especially if Clememnt gets sacked before then.

Technically yes -

why not? we only have 1 loan player now that Krul became permanent. Can't we have 2 players on loan from the same club?

Why not I thought Chelsea can recall him on 1st January and then decide to send him out on loan again near the end of January around 30th.

Chelsea can, and did exactly that with Izzy Brown last season. He was on loan with Rotherham. They recalled him in January then loaned him out to Huddersfield. Their reason being they wanted him to be involved in a "top 6 team" so by January if Swans are propping up the table Chelsea could decide they don't want him to be in a relegation scrap.

EDIT: ignore just checked the PL website for loan rules, can't have more than one loan from the same prem club.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Technically yes -

why not? we only have 1 loan player now that Krul became permanent. Can't we have 2 players on loan from the same club?

Chelsea can, and did exactly that with Izzy Brown last season. He was on loan with Rotherham. They recalled him in January then loaned him out to Huddersfield. Their reason being they wanted him to be involved in a "top 6 team" so by January if Swans are propping up the table Chelsea could decide they don't want him to be in a relegation scrap.

EDIT: ignore just checked the PL website for loan rules, can't have more than one loan from the same prem club.

he cant be recalled either mate

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not what's needed anyway so all rather pointless.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Season long loan , no recall option unless he played less than certain number of games which he is virtually on now.

Plus he'd probably want another £1m pay off and now is capped would prob get even bigger fish after him.

he cant be recalled either mate

If we can sign some player more suited to our needs can we send Brown back. I must adsmit I am not au fait with the loan rules and regulations.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I hesitate to say this - but given how few minutes he has had - aren’t people being a bit over negative about Izzy?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hesitate to say this - but given how few minutes he has had - aren’t people being a bit over negative about Izzy?

In those few minutes has he showed you anything that he could be an asset to us, He will no doubt not even make the bench when Baldock is back fit. and that is without signing another striker or putting Kayal on the bench as a midfield option.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

I agree, yet one moment on Saturday where the fans had to shout in order for him to chase the 'keeper down was rather reminiscent to Rotherham a few years back where Best got abuse for failing to do similar.

I hope it's a one off.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In those few minutes has he showed you anything that he could be an asset to nus and willno doubt niot even make the bench when Baldock is back fit. and that is without signing another striker or putting Kayal on the bench as a midfield option.

Duffy was total pants in his first few games for us and look what happened after that!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. Thank **** all that harping on about Murray never came to anything :whistle:

Don't feed 'them'.

Judging by the current form of this summers 'unheard of' strikers, we're in for a cracking January as the club will be looking at a whole new set of unknowns.

Exciting times.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Of course they are, he is a good player and that's from soneone who wasn't a fan of his when he signed.

It's more his mannerisms around the rest of the squad that are annoying people I would think which bring back memories of former loanees, and his interest in catching up with Abraham (something that could surely be done many times after) instead of applauding the support on Saturday with the rest of the squad (and manager).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here