Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swansea City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the jump is massive, the ability on the ball in very little space is impressive and the finishing when given a second in the box is deadly. That is the main reason for our change of formation and rightly so. We do not have the quality to compete in this league, man for man our squad isn't as strong as most others hence the pre-season relegation prediction from most bookies and pundits. We have to play together as a team and make it difficult for other teams to beat us and hope we can exploit their mistakes. Just like a cup game.

Luckily for us so many sides in this league make mistakes and the confidence we must be building can only help, no doubt we will have a poor run at some point but we have made a superb start

I can't agree with you, but I take your points on board. I think we are easily a mid table side, maybe higher, can we dream?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can't agree with you, but I take your points on board. I think we are easily a mid table side, maybe higher, can we dream?

It would seem that anyone outside of the top 6 could get relegated, but we cannot even begin to consider that we have a group of players with the natural ability of Everton, Leicester, West Ham, West Brom, Stoke or even Palace. We are in 8th due to our hard work and we deserve to be there but every game is a battle and as long as we remain disciplined and work hard we have a good chance of getting points

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It would seem that anyone outside of the top 6 could get relegated, but we cannot even begin to consider that we have a group of players with the natural ability of Everton, Leicester, West Ham, West Brom, Stoke or even Palace. We are in 8th due to our hard work and we deserve to be there but every game is a battle and as long as we remain disciplined and work hard we have a good chance of getting points

Yes, I agree, we treat all games as a cup final, and to see those players working so hard for us fans is incredible. I love them all.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I can't say I know each of these squads well but I think you are underestimating/writing off a lot of Brighton's talent by your statement. Dunk and Duffy are excellent in their job, Gross has proved he can deliver set pieces , Bruno is still showing his skill at reading & playing the ball. I could go on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Son thinks GM goal was lucky, I disagreed thought he took it well after the ball bounced up, so what is the general opinion as to who is right

I used to be a centre forward in my dim and distant past, I remember taking one off the bollocks, it was painful but it was a goal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Son thinks GM goal was lucky, I disagreed thought he took it well after the ball bounced up, so what is the general opinion as to who is right

Excellent finish without any luck whatsoever - new exactly what he was doing and was almost the only thing he could do...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]926910488692379648[/tweet]

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That was fun.

I was lucky to borrow a Swansea supporting friends season ticket, which had the added bonus of being practically in with the away Brighton fans. I don't like being n the home end usually, but it was quite easy today. I thought the vocal backing from the Albion was brilliant, non stop all game and also in the pub outside the ground. I was worried that away tickets were being wasted on the "prawn sandwich brigade" but this was obviously not the case at all, two or three thousand fully committed loud Brighton fans which you can tell the team really appreciates.

As for the game, I thought we dominated the first half and it always felt very comfortable that any Swansea attacks would be repelled. Sitting amongst Swansea fans criticising their own team was music to the ears as were the boos at half time. We were well on top, it felt easy.

The second half wasn't as good, really scrappy low quality football, but it didn't need to be as we'd got the goal and the lead. The ground started emptying on about the 70 minute mark with the natives far from happy. Clement isn't rated and won't survive much longer there, I reckon one more loss will see him get the chop. Their American (?) ownership is coming in for a lot of stick too. It really isn't a happy camp at the moment, the confidence looks shattered (they have got some good players in that team) and if things don't change drastically they'll be relegated.

So not a classic, we did enough, the away fans were great and it's three points nearer the magic 40.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mods:

There's an auto-correct on Nigels, but it's missing an L.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I noticed this defence culture very early in the CH days and put my view out that this isn't the brand of football i prefer to watch.

I take my hat of to him for sticking by his guns and TB supporting him with a decent Championship budget, it's no doubt a winning formula for points and goal difference, its where i will still say it's not my type of football to hang on for so long, for example no shots at goal in the 2nd half.

I understand from TB position that being in the Premier is so important financial to the club and needs must.

I just hope we are going to open up when we are definitely safe, because we have some great forward players that are exciting when given the chance to push on.
We're the new kids in town and favourites to go down, hanging on away from home is not pleasant, but it's to be expected. That was hardly the case in the last two seasons when we finished with goal differences of +30 and +34. Obviously we all hope we'll improve and be able to attack well even when ahead.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Glenn himself said that he thought the defender had it covered until the last moment, when he left it. Glenn had to adjust his feet very quickly and managed to guide it with his knee. Not luck - just great reflexes and instinct. He also said that he gets into that position many times a game and you just have to keep being prepared even though most times it doesn't get to you. I think our wingers are now getting the point that if you swing the ball in early, Glenn is likely to be somewhere close. Today it was an early cross from Knocky that made the opportunity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Iam watching this at home but getting bad buffering would that be because I am on basic broadband with Vodafone @ £5 per month They do 38mbpm at £25 per month or 76mbpm at £30 per month, Would it be advisable to upgrade to either of the faster ones? Would that reduce the buffering?

Not necessarily, I'm on the top package and still get loads of buffering, so much so I want to punch myself in the head sometimes. In fact I don't bother anymore. The fact is the more people watch them the worse it gets, no matter what your Internet speed.

I googled this and they suggest that using an ethernet cable direct instead of the wireless will improve this but my modem is in the next room so I would have to use a 15m cable to connect laptop to modem. Would that still work or an alternative is a 15m telephone extention cable and bring the modem into this room while streaming. Which would be the better or would there be no difference? Any help would be appreciated as then I would know which cable to buy, if either. At a £10 purchase it is cheaper than £25 per month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here