Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message from the family of Jillian Howell.

A relative of Jillian Howell asked me to post this message on NSC for them:

"Thank you for you kind messages about Jill, it humbles us at this difficult time. The pain and emotion of the events of the recent days is still very raw.

As you may already know she fanatically supported Brighton and loved everything about the club and community it represents. She built a great relationship with fellow supporters around us, who'd be strangers without football but are friends with it. One elderly gentleman at her last home game even baked her a lemon drizzle cake! Which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Her last game was away to West Ham, a memory I will cherish forever along with the penalty that Murray scored into the away fans to make it 3-0, which sent us jubilant all the way home.

We would also like to pay thanks to the tribute left on her seat, the whole family found that to be a very touching gesture.

Once the pain subsides we look forward to celebrating Jill’s wonderful life.

The club have gone above and beyond to help us through this difficult time and we will be thanking them in person in the upcoming days.

As a family and because of the on-going case we wish for our privacy to be respected at this time and our identities not to be shared.

Jill wasn't one for her photo being taken, but here is my attempt from the Promotion Parade."

DSC_0248 copy.jpg

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Jill's tragic end has really upset me and brought a tear to my eye when reading about what a good person she sounded. It's even more upsetting that it was not long before, she was enjoying the current glamour of what the Albion are achieving and was probably as excited as all of us are about our potential, after all, there's no better time to be an Albion fan than now. To see a picture of her at the parade and to know she would've been celebrating the West Ham game at the ground, just makes you see how good things were probably going for Jill and how life was suddenly snatched away from her at a time she must've been really enjoying.
I didn't know Jill or any of her relatives or friends but I've been touched by a good person and I would be proud of our club if we could show some sort of remembrance for her. Of course this will be down to the family who must be in immense pain right now and I can only imagine the shock of what they're currently experiencing. But if it be a minutes silence or minutes clap, whatever we show I'm sure will make the family of Jill feel very proud of what she achieved in her life, especially when a packed out stadium shows the empathy I'm sure we all would for such an unfortunate person who obviously had a great spirit.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends right now. Good luck and I hope the pain will pass with positivity.

Last edited:

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Jill's tragic end has really upset me and brought a tear to my eye when reading about what a good person she sounded. It's even more upsetting that it was not long before, she was enjoying the current glamour of what the Albion are achieving and was probably as excited as all of us are about our potential, after all, there's no better time to be an Albion fan than now. To see a picture of her at the parade and to know she would've been celebrating the West Ham game at the ground, just makes you see how good things were probably going for Jill and how life was suddenly snatched away from her at a time she must've been really enjoying.
I didn't know Jill or any of her relatives or friends but I've been touched by a good person and I would be proud of our club if we could show some sort of remembrance for her. Of course this will be down to the family who must be in immense pain right now and I can only imagine the shock of what they're currently experiencing. But if it be a minutes silence or minutes clap, whatever we show I'm sure will make the family of Jill feel very proud of what she achieved in her life, especially when a packed out stadium shows the empathy I'm sure we all would for such an unfortunate person who obviously had a great spirit.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends right now. Good luck and I hope the pain will pass with positivity.

Very well written,agree totally with content.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Wasn't sure exactly what to write on this thread, but you've worded it perfectly. Couldn't agree more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here