Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] With only 2 fit strikers...

Who would you start, up front, on Sunday?

• Hemed

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Murray

Votes: 179 84.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray is comfortably the better all round player. A hungry Hemed on for the final 25mins is a good thing as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No brainer for me. If fit, Murray is the better player. Holds the ball up and distributes it to the wide men so much better than Hemed, and is also more of a threat at set pieces and a help defending opposition set pieces. Hemed is a reasonable back up though and has done better than I expected this season. Hemed for Murray on 70 minutes? That said Brown probably comes into that equation as well.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Would much rather have Hemed starting but you can't drop Murray after West Ham

Disagree with the majority of this thread saying that Murray is 'far superior' to Hemed though. Personally, I think Hemed is the more suitable to PL football out of the 2.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Disagree with the majority of this thread saying that Murray is 'far superior' to Hemed though. Personally, I think Hemed is the more suitable to PL football out of the 2.

What does he have over Murray in your opinion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't necessarily disagree with those championing Murray, but like you I'm struggling with the notion that Murray is 'far superior', 'a class apart' and should be picked 'all day long'.

For me it must be difficult to make the decision as they are almost identical.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If Hemed had been available for Wet Sham he probably would have started. Murray put in a excellent performance just in time so he should keep the shirt. Pressure on places always helps the team in the long run as Murray will know he is only a bad game or two from being back on the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Hemed had been available for Wet Sham he probably would have started. Murray put in a excellent performance just in time so he should keep the shirt. Pressure on places always helps the team in the long run as Murray will know he is only a bad game or two from being back on the bench.

It feels like if Hemed were playing against West Ham we'd be repeatedly told that he should have scored 4 because Murray wouldn't have missed those 2 guilt-edged chances.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It feels like if Hemed were playing against West Ham we'd be repeatedly told that he should have scored 4 because Murray wouldn't have missed those 2 guilt-edged chances.

Except Hemed may not have been in position for those chances...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Confession: I've been slightly haunted about Murray's performance on Friday night.

1. The header for goal #1. It really does look as though he was trying to head it into the other corner and got lucky.
2. Chance miss #1. Amazed he missed that.
3. Chance miss #2. As above.
4. Penalty. Unconvincing strike down the middle that Hart was very close to stopping with his foot.

And I say all of this as a "Murray is the better finisher than Hemed" believer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pace, not much but Murray has close to none. I feel that Hemed is more consistent when it comes to putting the effort in. He's more agile. He stays onside. I just prefer him playing really.

I wouldnt think there is any difference in pace but against that I would say Murray is better in the air both attacking and defending. He is better with his positional play and awareness although TH is off side less due to not being so far forward as GM and also in laying off the ball to others so must disagree with you as to who is better. For me the ideal solution is start GM and tell him to run himself out in 60 mins then change them over.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Confession: I've been slightly haunted about Murray's performance on Friday night.

1. The header for goal #1. It really does look as though he was trying to head it into the other corner and got lucky.
4. Penalty. Unconvincing strike down the middle that Hart was very close to stopping with his foot.

As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and GM scored 2 goals

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I wonder how many of us thought 'I wish Tomer were playing' the moment the ref pointed to the spot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder how many of us thought 'I wish Tomer were playing' the moment the ref pointed to the spot.

Certainly not me as I prefer a penalty taker to strike the ball confidently rather than try to out wit the goalkeeper. I am sure that a keeper will save one of TH penalties soon and it could come at a crucial time. From the moment it was given I was confident GM would put it away without any concern.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Certainly not me as I prefer a penalty taker to strike the ball confidently rather than try to out wit the goalkeeper. I am sure that a keeper will save one of TH penalties soon and it could come at a crucial time. From the moment it was given I was confident GM would put it away without any concern.

Surely passing it down the middle is the definition of trying to outwit the keeper? Murrays penalty Friday was very similar to one he took against Leeds away 6/7 years ago.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

Also very much this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here