Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton trains

Jul 7, 2003
Trains will only travel between Angmering & Brighton if they can turn around at LA, I would have thought. Ergo, trains will either run from LA to/from Brighton, or not atall along the coast, IMO.

There is a crossover just west of Angmering Station so they could turn there. Sure it has been done in the past. I can see some shuttle between Angmering and Brighton being put on but with Southern not having enough capacity to handle the football traffic. Can't see them putting on a shuttle of more than four coaches as too many stations on that line have short platforms.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
There is a crossover just west of Angmering Station so they could turn there. Sure it has been done in the past. I can see some shuttle between Angmering and Brighton being put on but with Southern not having enough capacity to handle the football traffic. Can't see them putting on a shuttle of more than four coaches as too many stations on that line have short platforms.

I did wonder if there might be something like that available to them. Shouldn't be beyond the ability of any half decen.......... hang on, we're going to have to catch the bus, aren't we?!.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interpreting the Southern site is a gamble.

Coastway west - you would assume that there should be trains from Angmering to Brighton but looking at the other issues, not sure if the LA to London services will run.

Mainline - It looks like no services into Victoria but the rest says "Engineering work is taking place between Purley and Earlswood, closing the line.
Thameslink services between London Bridge and Brighton will not run. Trains between Bedford and Brighton will call additionally at Balcombe. On Sunday, these services will also call additionally at Preston Park.
It is not yet known how Gatwick Express or Southern services will be affected. Please check back nearer the time."

No info on if / how the Arun Valley line will run or what is happening with coastway west to London services.

Absolute shambles.

Bit grim for the scousers trying to travel as well then........

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Buses between Littlehampton and Angmering, West coastway trains running between Angmering and Brighton (they've done this before), London trains will be going to and from London Bridge rather than Victoria.

What is the problem?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think the timetable has been fully loaded yet. Southern themselves have a normal timetable but show a warning about may be affected by engineering works

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here