Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite song which has a title containing a virgule

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, never heard it called that before. To most of us, that's a slash or a solidus. Virgule is French for comma, so it's a bit confusing to use it for another punctuation mark

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Blimey, never heard it called that before. To most of us, that's a slash or a solidus. Virgule is French for comma, so it's a bit confusing to use it for another punctuation mark

Virgule is perfectly acceptable
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgule
As the previous thread used parenthesis instead of brackets I thought virgule would be more in keeping than forward slash.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Slash's Snakepit - Serial Killer

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Slash's Snakepit - Serial Killer

Please excuse my ignorance of all things headbanger [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], but would that be "Slash's Snakepit" by Serial Killer, or "Serial Killer" by Slash's Snakepit? Not that it makes all that much difference, seeing as how neither obscure combination of words appears to contain so much as a SNIFF of a virgule :moo:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Please excuse my ignorance of all things headbanger [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], but would that be "Slash's Snakepit" by Serial Killer, or "Serial Killer" by Slash's Snakepit? Not that it makes all that much difference, seeing as how neither obscure combination of words appears to contain so much as a SNIFF of a virgule :moo:

The band is Slash's Snakepit (/ Snakepit) the song is Serial Killer.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The general facetious content of the various replies give me the impression that this thread isn't being treated with the serious consideration that it merits. Stat Brother didn't have to put up with this nonsense with his parenthesis song title thread.
To get back on track, how about: White Light/White Heat
https://youtu.be/zqZKN9GA2t8

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here