Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insomnia

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Here's what I do.

Think of five England cricketers (or footballers ) starting with letter a. E.g. Anderson, atherton, allott etc. Then work your way through the alphabet.
You'll soon nod off.
If not, then yeah, bash one out

Sex is the way to go - sleep guaranteed.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Gym or jogging is good but don't start to late or your body will still be coursing with endorphins when you want to sleep. 7 is a good time to go then gives you time to go relax and unwind.

Don't use a lap top before bed.

I use one of these and found them great some mixed review's but i really rate mine, think the app updates have helped. Only works on apple phones i think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BbePXXgKzw

I don't suffer from insomnia but this all helped me improve the quality and depth of my sleep.

Anyway good luck.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I had experienced some insomnia in the UK which got worse when I moved to NYC. It was affecting my work so went to see the quack. Refreshingly he didn't just palm me off with sleeping pills, he asked me to fill out a questionnaire and then got me to do a GTT - Glucose Tolerance Test. Turns out I had hypoglycemia - low blood sugar. He then put me on a strict diet - no refined sugar or caffeine and some vitamins and chromium. He said I should notice a change within a month. He was right, I got back to 6 hours and a few weeks later I was back to nearly 8. He said one of the classic symptoms of hypoglycemia is insomnia. I googled it and I had some of the other symptoms. I noticed that if I deviated from the diet the insomnia returned. Just really glad that I went to this doctor.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Ive been searching for a torrent to download the Norwegian version of this movie. If anyone knows where I can find one it would be most appreciated. Far superior to the Al Pacino/Robin Williams version IMHO

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Suffered with insomnia ever since I joined the armed forces, now 26 years later still lucky to get 2-3 hours sleep. Have tried going to the gym, going for long walks, watching tv, reading a book, listening to music. Never tried sleeping pills and never will. Would much rather have 2-3 hours sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Been suffering for a good while now. Only getting 2-3 hours sleep a night if that. Aside from pills and booze anyone got some advice from personal experience. Starting to get a bit zombified.

🐕

Since leaving armed forces a while back and still working shift, I found that I can get away with an average of 6 hours kip.
Did have issues in trying to sleep, spoke to my doctor, who recommended that, instead of thinking about going to sleep, just try to forget about it and gradually you'll drift off.
Tried this method, it works for me, but it just takes time to adjust.
Also stay off the coffee :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
12 hours drinking 12 hours sleeping was my Xmas

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I told my doctor I was suffering from insomnia - he told me not to lose any sleep over it! Seriously, there's a lot of good advice on here and when I worked nights for twenty-three years there were times when it was difficult to get to (and stay) sleep during the day. Sexual relief (with or without the missus) really does help and isn't just a "daft" suggestion. And DO avoid alcohol. As has been said, it gets you off to sleep initially, but you wake up again way before you want to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've never had a problem sleeping, it's getting up that's been the problem.

Suddenly, for the last 5 or so nights, I've been waking up after 3-5 hours, unable to get back to sleep. WTF?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I'm a chronic insomniac. I just can't stop my brain from thinking - stupid stuff, nothing stressful.

I have a few ways I try to deal with it:
1. Stay away from the Internet/smart phones etc for at least 3 hours before bed. Helps your mind settle and keeps you away from Blue light that keeps you awake.
2. Mediation before bed. Clear the mind and then go straight to be after.
3. Clear your mind as you get into bed. Don't start thinking about anything or it won't stop.
4. If the above isn't working, try some sleep hypnosis. There's loads of apps. Glenn Harrold is pretty good.
5. Listen to a podcast or LBC etc and have that on a sleep timer. The background noise helps me to stop thinking!
6. If I still can't get to sleep, I'll give up. Get up and accept it, try not to stress about it. Turn on the TV and lie on the sofa. You may end up drifting off.

Good luck. I'm shattered today too. You have my sympathy.

Me too, my mind seems to be most active when I try to sleep.. What I started doing was writing down my thoughts, to look at the next day.. Your mind has then dealt with them...

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I suffer from an over active mind, thinking of work, life cant shut my brain off

Ive stopped drinking coffee after 14.00 now and I have a spray which is mostly lavendar, one wiff of that, my mind drifts off and I do get some good sleeps

This works fairly well, though I still have some sleepless nights

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here