Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal Injury Update?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
5 months

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

we will have to deal with it,please excuse me whilst i cry,then die,then bury myself and write our season off..

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
we will have to deal with it,please excuse me whilst i cry,then die,then bury myself and write our season off..
I have no idea, just a clever rouse to get [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] to reveal more info. Ssssshhhhh!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looked very much like an achilles issue to me.........not ruptured (he wouldn't have been able stand up, and that would be several months out) but possibly torn, so maybe 2-3 months. All complete speculation on my part but it looked like the challenge caught the back of his heel. He knew immediately it wasn't good, surprised he tried to keep going (guess it was only because it was almost half time).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Such crap news. Such a frustrating injury too - all stemming from him getting caught in possession on halfway, then charging back and lunging in to try to win it back.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is a huge blow for our season. 3-4 months out then :(

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
and Preston always seem to be the immediate beneficiaries....

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Bearing in mind his previous injury record with Celtic, we've done pretty well to get a good couple of seasons out of him...until now...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once again it's sets up Stephens to be the alpha in the midfield.

Let's see how he screws the opportunity up, this time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So who replaces him, Sidwell or Norwood. May depend on who we are playing?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So who replaces him, Sidwell or Norwood. May depend on who we are playing?

Personally, I feel a little torn on this one. Previously I would have been of the mindset that Stephens must go straight back in, but considering how well Sidwell and Norwood played I'd be tempted to stick with them. We all know Stephens and Kayal are brilliant together, but perhaps Sidwell and Norwood have developed their own relationship/chemistry that is worth sticking with.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I feel a little torn on this one. Previously I would have been of the mindset that Stephens must go straight back in, but considering how well Sidwell and Norwood played I'd be tempted to stick with them. We all know Stephens and Kayal are brilliant together, but perhaps Sidwell and Norwood have developed their own relationship/chemistry that is worth sticking with.

That is actually a very good point.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Sidwell can't play regular games anymore imo. He is a great player to have in reserve but when it's 2/3 games in a week he won't be able to hack it. I would say Norwood and Stephens are going to be the long term midfield pairing but of course Sidwell could well start the Preston game.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sidwell can't play regular games anymore imo. He is a great player to have in reserve but when it's 2/3 games in a week he won't be able to hack it. I would say Norwood and Stephens are going to be the long term midfield pairing but of course Sidwell could well start the Preston game.

I think Chris also takes into account the opposition's midfield players.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Possibly a fair point regarding Sidwell, but are we just writing him off because of his age? I felt he got stronger the more he played last season. Anyhow, I'd certainly start Sidwell and Norwood against Preston, we know Grayson's team will be physical and I just don't trust Stephens' to not snap at the ref and get booked or even sent off again. One thing I'm comfortable with is that Hughton is 99.9% likely to make to the correct decision.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here