Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bongs replacement for the next game...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bong and a football is like me and a pub, neither of us can pass one.

The first time cross for Knocky to score a few games back looked OK to me.
I wish we wouldn't get on the back of a very good player who has lost a bit of confidence after a nasty injury with over the top comments. He is having a poor patch at the moment and,as others have said, it may not be totally down to him.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
A fair amount of his pass completion errors were caused by Murphy dithering. By the second half he was it in a tizzy and it had affected the rest of his game.
Yes at last somebody noted Murphy.
Yes Bong going through a bad spell, although clearly in the first half Murphy was not assertive with his play and movement and Bong's passes were being snapped up by Hudds. Not blaming Murphy solely though.
Bong starting to lack a little confidence, clearly evident in his body language and usually a good talker through the game, though appears quieter.
Will come good again with distribution.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Bongs a cracking player when hes got someone infront of him who s a bit creative I.E Solly or Kaz. Murphy was making it difficult for Bong.Bong does need to be a bit sharper though he ll come good

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If Hughton had have started with Rosenior against Sheffield Wednesday in the play-offs last year instead of Bong I think we might be in the Premier League. Bong has been gash since he came back from injury. We've never lost a game Rosenior has started. We completely miss him when he's not in the team. Come back Liam. We miss you. We need you. I hope the Belgian is up to speed soon!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Hughton had have started with Rosenior against Sheffield Wednesday in the play-offs last year instead of Bong I think we might be in the Premier League. Bong has been gash since he came back from injury. We've never lost a game Rosenior has started. We completely miss him when he's not in the team. Come back Liam. We miss you. We need you. I hope the Belgian is up to speed soon!

Good point.

I had previously thought that losing to Wednesday might have had something to do with Stephens being suspended and four players getting injured in the match at Hillsborough , but you've correctly identified Bong as being the reason.

Silly me.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I know he had a poor game tonight and is struggling to re-create his (previous) early season form, but it was a poor show to hear some of the home fans in ESU boo him at half time. Call me old fashioned but I think that CH knows what he is doing and it appears that (currently) there is no better than Bong. Rather than get on his back, which would undoubtedly make him more nervous, we give the guy a break and offer plenty of positive encouragement

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Don't be silly, now that comment is just daft. We did not lose because of Bong, anybody WHO had played football would see that.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

First part of that is somewhat OTT (to say the least) but it would be good to have LM available now. Don't know how long he's out for, but I gather it's quite a while. Will be glad when we get him back to our left back spot though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is there actually any official word on the west brom lad? Is it definately just a getting up to speed thing - hope it's not that Hughton doesn't fancy him to even make the squad like...! Surely a shoe in for the Reading game if he doesn't play Sat?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is there actually any official word on the west brom lad? Is it definately just a getting up to speed thing - hope it's not that Hughton doesn't fancy him to even make the squad like...! Surely a shoe in for the Reading game if he doesn't play Sat?

Correct.......................... He won't play v Burton though

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We could always try supporting one of our own players through a difficult time........

And your the guy who thought our whole team were second best?

Take 11 leaves out've your own book.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bongs a cracking player when hes got someone infront of him who s a bit creative I.E Solly or Kaz. Murphy was making it difficult for Bong.Bong does need to be a bit sharper though he ll come good

Bong misplaced passes to Murphy tonight even when Murphy was in space and no one around him. I doubt you can blame Jamie if passes are not even reaching him.

Jamie had a couple of lovely interchanges with Knocky early in the match and a couple of one touches and back-heels by Murphy actually opened them up tonight. The downside was a bad miss by Jamie but he never stopped running and tracking back, right up until he went off

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His problem was that he stood still too often not anticipating were Bong was going to put the ball and a couple of times Bong played the ball short for him to come and meet it to draw the defender out but he didnt see this and the defender won the ball.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm sorry - did I somehow miss the goals from Huddersfield and Brentford down our left side? No I didn't think so. But I am thinking of having BONG on my shirt, just to wind up the bloke behind me who is on his back from the first minute and reached 'Get him off now' by the 14th minute!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bong is in terrible form, however until pocognoli is match fit we have no other alternative.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

From Saturday's Argus - Pocognoli backs Knockaert to help him hit form at Albion

...Fans’ favourite Knockaert, who attracted a multi-million pound bid from Newcastle during the window, is guaranteed a hero’s welcome but Pocognoli may have to wait for a chance to impress the Amex faithful.

... The 29-year-old, signed on loan for the rest of the season, is short of peak match fitness following a lack of meaningful minutes at West Brom where he fell out of favour under Tony Pulis.

Pocognoli said: “I had quite a good pre-season, played five games, but not with the first team, so it’s difficult to judge my fitness level.

“My mind is free and that will help me get back to my best level as quickly as possible.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here