Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
WTF, why did my thread get merged into this?

Good point. Different thread altogether.

Now, if the powers that be on here merged all the 'laugh at Palace', 'we hate Palace' and 'bring back Murray' threads on here, that would be useful!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think they are the biggest power, yes. What with then having 25% more people than anyone else.

However, we would probably be the second most influential, but have been hamstrung by grumbling whingeing snipers.

Are the grumbling whingeing snipers the ones that secured a multi billion pound rebate, numerous opt outs and kept us out of the Euro?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd link a definition of irony to you if I could be arsed. Ive even explained the irony and you still don't see it. Very odd.

Thank you, I do know the definition of irony. I even know where to put an apostrophe in 'I've'. Though you did manage 'I'd' and 'don't' OK. Two out of three ain't bad, I suppose. If only the remainers could get two out of three right in their scare stories, eh?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So let me just make sure I have this right.

If we leave the EU not only will our economy crash but the the whole global economy as well!!??

We must be the most important financial nation on the planet, but the remainers say we are just a small tinpot nation who cant survive on our own.

Which is it then? ???

Who is saying we are a small tinpot country who can't survive on our own? Plebs

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"Haruhiko Kuroda, governor of the Bank of Japan, says the most serious risk facing the global economy was the possibility of the UK voting to leave the European Union."

with all these foreigners and international figures and organisations saying how important it is we stay in the EU, how is it that outside the EU we'd be so very unimportant as the remainer claim?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
It's an absolute joke that both sides of the debate can't see that they're both doing exactly the same shameless fear mongering as each other.

I would say it's clear the Remain side are clear leaders when it comes to scaremongering.The goverment have the advantage of being able to call on various famous figures/organisations to speak on their behalf.They give their speeches in front of hundreds of people at various places which is good for TV whilst the Leave people are usually on their own in the street when interviewed.The goverment have a massive advantage.It;s a never ending steamroller of fear coming our way.Well organised with a clear idea of what to do.The Leave camp on the other hand seem to be working in their own little worlds rather than pulling together.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You might want to go to page 1 of this thread and start reading :facepalm:

You're mate HT for a start
Did you mean "your" or are you on your phone with autocorrect, like me? I was just wondering whether there was some cheap capital to be made out of it or would I be better off leaving that to the lesser posters like [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Well, I know how I am going to vote and nobody will sway me from my decision. Think most people with a brain have also made their decision and don't need others to tell them..

You are probably right - but there's still a reasonable (if smallish) proportion of DON'T KNOWS - and they could easily make the difference. Hence, for the next month, both sides will make ever more extreme claims in an attempt to persuade those who haven't made their mind up yet. It's going to be VERY painful....although at least government ministers won't be campaigning after Friday (as purdah kicks in then!)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You might want to go to page 1 of this thread and start reading :facepalm:

You're mate HT for a start

Anyone who thinks the UK is a small tinpot country who coundn't survive on its own is not thinking straight, just like those who think its the sunny uplands if we exit

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Did you mean "your" or are you on your phone with autocorrect, like me? I was just wondering whether there was some cheap capital to be made out of it or would I better off leaving that to the lesser posters like @GT49.

I'm not in the grammer Police, but you have to hand it to @GT49 for Getting a Meatloaf song into the EU thread. :lolol:

And yes I did mean YOUR.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All the Chicken Littles who think the sky will fall in, we'll have dropping house prices, GDP crash of 9.5%, NHS meltdown, plagues of locusts and Palace winning the Permer League next season.
.... woah there now. you're joking right, i have limits and if its even possible , it may sway my vote to remain. dont mess about trivialising such important matters as them winning the league.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Did she. What did she say?

She said this: "In my view, it is an increase in the percentage of our national income that we spend on health and care that will save the NHS, not Brexit. After the rebate and funds already committed to support farmers, exporters, regional development projects and science, the leave campaign clearly does not have an extra £350m per week to promise the NHS and they should stop treating the public as fools."

For those unaware of the context, this was a comment by a leading Brexit-supporting MP, chairman of the Health Select Committee, attacking the Leave campaign for its distortions. She also said that she would not distribute "deliberately misleading" Brexit literature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here