Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superbowl 50 Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos ***Official Match Thread***

Jul 7, 2003
Panthers hit the upright on a FG attempt, Broncos moving the ball quickly up the field.

Unless the Panthers luck changes this might not be their day.

Here's hoping you are right! Broncos still not taking their chances in the red zone. We could be running away with this if we had a decent offence.

Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe we are 9 points ahead at the start of the 4th qtr.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Christ I am flagging. Want to watch the end of this but my eyes are getting heavy! Have eaten 3 hot dogs as well which probably hasn't helped

Jul 7, 2003
Christ I am flagging. Want to watch the end of this but my eyes are getting heavy! Have eaten 3 hot dogs as well which probably hasn't helped

I decided on the somewhat controversial 'no alcohol' this year which has helped but the concentration is flagging. Staying on NSC is helping though.

Jul 7, 2003
Surprised at the lack of comment from @lyndhurst14 on the thread. Assume he is enjoying a superbowl party.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Huge cock up by the Panthers, should be Broncos now

Jul 7, 2003
Wow - 14 points up with just over 3 minutes to play. What a job by the Broncos defence again to get into that situation. Let's not blow it now.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
This Broncos defence has been immense. Certainly game over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey that was a tough watch.

It comes to something when a Superbowl is won by the QB who can no longer throw a spiral pass.

I glad it didn't cost me any sleep time.

It comes to something when a Superbowl is won by the QB who can no longer throw a spiral pass.

I found the Ireland vs Wales game bad enough; however, the SB was really grim watching imo so went to bed at HT and carried on reading a biography of Cicero.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick

You thought it was tough! Imagine how tough it was for me, being a Panthers fan.

I've been feeling grumpy, tired and hungover all day today too.

Jul 7, 2003
So, now the dust has settled, Elway's plan that a top defence will win you a Superbowl has proved correct. The last two games against the Pats and the Panthers have shown how even a very good offence can be held at bay by a superb defence.

For those who like a high scoring shootout, last nights game would not be to your taste. As a Broncos fan, it has taken me a while to get used to the defensive focus but you have to admire the unit Wade Phillips has moulded which has snuffed out Roethlisberger, Brady and Newton in their last three games to take them to the title.

I was disappointed in the Panthers last night though - Olsen and Stewart were largely anonymous which didn't help Newton.

I now just hope that Peyton takes an honourable retirement and doesn't try to drag out one last season. Thanks for the memories but you can't fight old age and he couldn't ask for a better last game than winning a Superbowl.

Now to order my Champions t-shirt (Sorry [MENTION=12917]Bedsex[/MENTION])

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting 120m TV viewers in the US, 160m worldwide. Despite stadiums getting filled for games in the UK, its still a tiny sport elsewhere in the world

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting 120m TV viewers in the US, 160m worldwide. Despite stadiums getting filled for games in the UK, its still a tiny sport elsewhere in the world
I'll hazard a guess location has a lot to do with that.

An East Coast SB will attract European watchers, but not one ending at 3 or 4 am.

The fella who owns Arsenal & St Louis (?) is building THE complex in LA, that'll be hosting the SuperBowl more often than not.
It'll play well across America but goes against the NFL's desire to globalize the sport.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'll hazard a guess location has a lot to do with that.

An East Coast SB will attract European watchers, but not one ending at 3 or 4 am.

The fella who owns Arsenal & St Louis (?) is building THE complex in LA, that'll be hosting the SuperBowl more often than not.
It'll play well across America but goes against the NFL's desire to globalize the sport.

The Super Bowl always kicks-off at the same time (6:30pm ET) wherever it is held.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here