Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to Star Wars

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Me! I'll have to wait an extra day to see TFA though. Have mates coming to stay on Thursday so we watch Episodes IV-VI back to back. Might need a social media shutdown to insure against unwanted spoilers.

Might just watch that trailer again before bed...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Watching it at the imax in Norwich on Monday.

Can't wait

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Oh yes indeedy..

Have been watching an episode a week, 1-6, to get in the mood, and off to IMAX Waterloo at 7am on Monday with wife and 9+7 year old boys, so it will be fingers in ears this weekend..

I've banned watching the trailers after 2nd one came out.. too much in advance i felt.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
ALL the press who have seen it say it is GOOD. That's all I need to see before I watch it at the weekend.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tomorrow night. BAFTA screening. Excited.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Going to have to wait until Sunday or early next week for it unfortunately.

I'll probably watch IV-VI in the meantime. No point watching the others again.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I haven't seen the new ones. Will that matter for the purposes of seeing this one?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I haven't seen the new ones. Will that matter for the purposes of seeing this one?

No. Disney is concentrating on the Original Trilogy era for its new films.

Plus, you don't really need to see them anyway, everything in them is just fleshing out Vader and Ben Kenobi's back stories. I like them well enough, but they aren't required to understand anything, except perhaps the word Sith isn't used in the original trilogy, and may get an outing in The Force Awakens.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Off to creepy Crawley (due to crap cinemas here in Brighton) to see it in 3D IMAX with the family as soon as mini-Oscar has finished school tomorrow.

Currently doing my best to avoid any spoilers but have clocked that it has so far been well received. If it's at least on par with Return of the Jedi I'll be happy.

Now, excuse me while I go polish my lightsaber and prepare the motor for the jump to light speed. Punch it Chewie!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ALL the press who have seen it say it is GOOD. That's all I need to see before I watch it at the weekend.

And what day are you watching it (first time) again? :jester:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpeg

Built myself an early Christmas present in anticipation :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here