Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th Round - Port Vale or Plymouth Argyle vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Good draw for me, I know people always want premier league clubs but that tie is better than getting a championship side, very winnable and more chances of us progressing which means $$, would have been better to be at home but hey ho.

Must admit my first reaction was less than thrilled but i agree tons better than having another championship side and would be great atmosphere if it ended up being Plymouth.

Jimmy Grimble

The Paddington line looks a bit messy that day. The Waterloo route to Exeter seems to be OK. The good thing with Plymouth is that you can do 4 for 2 tickets on the day. For Vale it will be a scramble for what cheap tickets are available or expensive on the day tickets.

I thought the same, but this message is on the National Rail website -

Groupsave is not permittedon journeys to stations between St James Park and Exmouth until 15:00 on Saturday 25 January because of the Exeter Chiefs v Ospreys match

Not sure how this would effect the 4for2?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Winnable if OG takes it seriously.

Momentum is very important and keeping a winning mentality is vital for morale at the club. I fully expect to take 3 points from either of these sides ;)

A big draw after this round will also go a long towards helping in the FFP rules too.

Jimmy Grimble

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Plymouth is not great, granted better than Stoke, but that car park and park around the stadium always use to be fun and games.

The cider place on the Barbican is OK as was the St James Vaults, but nether a place to get excited about.

I was thinking more surrounding area for a weekender, but yeah, Plymouth itself isn't great.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
regarding if its away at Plymouth. A good mate of mine from Uni whos a massive plymouth fan has just come back from 3 years working overseas and it will be his first Plymouth game in that time, would i get a kicking if i went in the home end?
Or is it a genuine friendship between the club and fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here