Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I've generally been in favour of Hughton's cautious approach in Top 6 games. Today, however, I think we should, as the famous Goldstone banner of the 70s said:

GO AT 'EM BRIGHTON!

Spurs are 'tired'. We are super fit. We saw what a cautious 1st half approach did at Saints. We saw what we did to United. Go for it Chrissy.

PG

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've generally been in favour of Hughton's cautious approach in Top 6 games. Today, however, I think we should, as the famous Goldstone banner of the 70s said:

GO AT 'EM BRIGHTON!

Spurs are 'tired'. We are super fit. We saw what a cautious 1st half approach did at Saints. We saw what we did to United. Go for it Chrissy.

PG

Totally agree Spurs look totally out of sorts to me and if we play like we did 1st half at Southampton it will be a major disappointment.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just to dampen any spark of unrest, I always put 'Sussex'....not east, just 'Sussex' when providing my address.
Proud to live in the Kingdom of Sussex

Whenever I post anything back home, I always put 'Sussex-by-the-Sea', unless we've had a cracking result or something, when I put '(Good Old)' in front of it. I'm sure postie knows where I mean.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Full confidence that we'll start fast today being at home too. Would be brilliant to get something from the game. Showed good character last year to equalise straight after they scored

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I wonder if he'll play AJ in up alongside Murray today? Or Locadia? Unless he tells Bissouma/Propper to move higher up to support Murray.

Andone on the bench do we think?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I wonder if he'll play AJ in up alongside Murray today? Or Locadia? Unless he tells Bissouma/Propper to move higher up to support Murray.

Andone on the bench do we think?

Pröpper to replace Groß? I've got a half pint on Davy to score.
No bets on Locadia for a stepover.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bong lets his hair down. :D

DnokxjGXgAImqlV.jpg

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
It's a match day. We're all one. You'll be in Falmer (Eastern) later supporting Brighton (Eastern) & Hove (Eastern) Albion as I will, so there's no need for the chip on your shoulder/West Sussex inferiority complex nonsense just because most of your neighbours with bumpkin accents are going to watch Pompey v Wycombe instead. You're better than them. You're one of us. [emoji106]

#together
#sussexbythesea
I always liken East Sussex to the old East Germany. I think it must be because of the graffiti, communist rule and suspicion of the West.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Pröpper to replace Groß? I've got a half pint on Davy to score.
No bets on Locadia for a stepover.

A half-pint ?

Wow....you're pwoper nawty when you get going .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without us West Sussex fans the crowds would be on a par with Readings :wink:

You have to experience the post match traffic mayhem heading Worthing way after the game to know this is a FACT :smile:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's a match day. We're all one. You'll be in Falmer (Eastern) later supporting Brighton (Eastern) & Hove (Eastern) Albion as I will, so there's no need for the chip on your shoulder/West Sussex inferiority complex nonsense just because most of your neighbours with bumpkin accents are going to watch Pompey v Wycombe instead. You're better than them. You're one of us. [emoji106]

#together
#sussexbythesea
Yep. I wish Ben'sgrandad.....er @Statbrother would stop harping on and on about this.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Lord Fistpump played for Spurs last time we beat them, at the Goldstone more than 35 years ago. They ain't lost three successive league games for more than six years, but they've conceded from headers in each of their three 2-1 defeats leading up to this game, so Duffy or Dunk could be a goalscorer bet today.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Lord Fistpump played for Spurs last time we beat them, at the Goldstone more than 35 years ago. They ain't lost three successive league games for more than six years, but they've conceded from headers in each of their three 2-1 defeats leading up to this game, so Duffy or Dunk could be a goalscorer bet today.

Lord Fistpump ! - super.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here