Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley.

I honestly think you actually believe this? Do you? Really? ����

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I honestly think you actually believe this? Do you? Really? ����

Maybe you Palace fans ( [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] is one of your lot) could have this conversation on, you know, a Palace messageboard.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Maybe you Palace fans ( [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] is one of your lot) could have this conversation on, you know, a Palace messageboard.

You are somewhat of an enigma to me, sometimes you come across as a nice enough bloke. Other times you come across as, you know, a bit weird(nicest word I could think of).
This is a thread about Zaha, on a message board where Palace fans are supposedly welcome and all of a sudden you are basically saying discuss it elsewhere.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You are somewhat of an enigma to me, sometimes you come across as a nice enough bloke. Other times you come across as, you know, a bit weird(nicest word I could think of).
This is a thread about Zaha, on a message board where Palace fans are supposedly welcome and all of a sudden you are basically saying discuss it elsewhere.

there is definitely a culture of inclusivity on this board , an away end has been discussed for you boys but been written off as a bad idea for some reason so i suppose you are more than welcome at this current time to hang around however , what you and swills are engaging in here almost equates to raiding the fridge and using all the toilet paper.....wind yer necks in eh...??

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
equates to raiding the fridge and using all the toilet paper...

You keep your bog rolls in the fridge? Been overdoing the vindaloos or something?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interestingly Maddison, Hazard and Will Hughes have all been fouled more often than Zaha this season, has anyone heard them whinging that people who tackle them should get red cards? None of them feel the need to dive or go around taking their own retribution every match either.

Maybe Zaha is believing the “he’s too good for you” chants? Big fish small pond, he needs to go and play in a team that has other players capable of winning at this level to realise that he is not the best player in the league and to just get on with playing his game.

If it’s not old man Hodgson moaning and complaining, it’s Zaha himself and Palace fans, every bloody week now, it’s getting boring

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
According to the 'match Stats', Huddersfield committed 11 fouls compared to Crystal Palace committing 17.

I can't find where there is a report from Huddersfield players demanding protection from these
Palace football thugs ?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
To be fair to Zaha (can't believe I'm saying that!) the tackle yesterday was over the ball and should have been a red. The Watford tackle on him was also disgusting and has no place in football.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair to Zaha (can't believe I'm saying that!) the tackle yesterday was over the ball and should have been a red. The Watford tackle on him was also disgusting and has no place in football.

Thought it was a yellow, unless I'm missing something. The Huddersfield player was late nothing more.

The Watford one however, was absolute thuggery.

Great player, but can't stand the bloke, bit of a whiney child, who likes to fall over.....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

I agree . One of these tackles will do him some serious damage if the referees don't start producing reds . The premier league need players like wilf to showcase their product worldwide . Just imagine if that was on your unbalanced winger , he would roll out of the ground .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree . One of these tackles will do him some serious damage if the referees don't start producing reds . The premier league need players like wilf to showcase their product worldwide . Just imagine if that was on your unbalanced winger , he would roll out of the ground .

We had a vicious tackle on our winger at Watford, and the player was red carded. Moan about the referees and I will agree with you. Wilf is not that special.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Coming up on sunday supplement (hosted by Palace fan Neil Ashton) today they'll be discussing if Zaha is a cheat. Today's guests are Matt Law (Telegraph), Natalie Gedra (ESPN Brazil), Dominic King (Mail).

[tweet]1041226716134494208[/tweet]

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I didn't see anything wrong with Zaha's interview. In fact I thought he came across well with hopefully referees looking out for disgusting fouls more now on him. The Watford one a couple of weeks ago was a blatant red card and should have been a six-match ban.

But in the past he hasn't always helped himself by going down softly. Until he joins a big club instead of being at a tinpot one he'll always be singled out. :)

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Interestingly Maddison, Hazard and Will Hughes have all been fouled more often than Zaha this season, has anyone heard them whinging that people who tackle them should get red cards? None of them feel the need to dive or go around taking their own retribution every match either.

Maybe Zaha is believing the “he’s too good for you” chants? Big fish small pond, he needs to go and play in a team that has other players capable of winning at this level to realise that he is not the best player in the league and to just get on with playing his game.

If it’s not old man Hodgson moaning and complaining, it’s Zaha himself and Palace fans, every bloody week now, it’s getting boring
This is just a case of the little boy who cried wilf

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here