Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] 11-year-old Dan's sponsored silence for AITC

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hi all - I came across this lad's story on Twitter and thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to donate.

Dan is 11 years old and autistic, but is going to be trying his hardest to stay silent for three hours to raise money for Albion in the Community, which appears to have been a bit of a lifeline for him if you read his story.

He was hoping to raise £30. Please donate if you can.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/danthematyryanfan

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is great. He's already up to over £200 Inc gift aid having wanted to raise £30. A worthy cause as ever. AITC do so much good work and this is the sort of story that makes you realise the differences they make.

AITC

Aug 30, 2011
Thank you to everyone who has sponsored Dan.

He is an absolute star and this sponsored silence isn't the first time he has been fundraising for the charity, having previously generously donated some of his pocket money to Albion in the Community.

Dan attends our football session for people with autism. It takes place at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre every other Sunday and is proving to be incredibly popular.

If anyone would like more information on the session, particularly if they, or someone they know, have autism and would like to take part, send us a private message.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Is this the new NSC vote rigging?!

Would love to see his face when he sees the money keeps flooding in - there's a message on there from his mum about an hour ago:

Dan is quite overwhelmed at the amount he is raising. Thank you everyone.

Marvellous scenes :clap2:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Is this the new NSC vote rigging?!

Would love to see his face when he sees the money keeps flooding in - there's a message on there from his mum about an hour ago:

Dan is quite overwhelmed at the amount he is raising. Thank you everyone.

Marvellous scenes :clap2:

Well done for the donation. Made me chuckle, donation via a M Jackson followed closely by MJsGhost. :lolol: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Done.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if Barber is willing/able to do similar :lolol:

AITC

Aug 30, 2011
Thank you again to everyone who has sponsored Dan.

He set himself a target of £30 but has now raised £440!

Thank you all for your support.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£565 now!

Very happy to support this young man and all power to him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's a great story for anybody who hasn't had the chance to read it: (copied below from the Just Giving page his mum has set up)

"Hi, my name is Dan. I am 11 years old and I have autism. I absolutely love Brighton and Hove albion football club, especially Maty Ryan. I have started attending the autism football sessions run by this charity at the Brighton and Hove albion performance centre. They make me happy as I can finally do football. Another reason I really look forward to these sessions is that I can enjoy spending time with other children. I am not able to attend school at the moment so I get very lonely. I am raising money for Albion in the Community as a thank you for running these sessions. They do lots of other good things too. On Monday 20th August I will be doing a three hour long silence. As somebody who talks A LOT, I will find this very hard but I am determined to do it. Any donations however small will be amazing and I will be very grateful. Thank you in advance."

Let's get behind Dan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here