Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Undisclosed

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Why are the majority of our signing fees 'undisclosed', not just in this window but previous ones also? Just curious!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't know why either. Most of the time the deal is leaked anyway making it pointless.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Why are the majority of our signing fees 'undisclosed', not just in this window but previous ones also? Just curious!!

I am guessing so when we buy future players other clubs do not use the fee quoted to inflate their price and likewise when we sell they don’t know how much money we have in our pockets

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both clubs agree secrecy, for commercial reasons.

But I have faith in the figures eventually stated by the BBC, Argus and broadsheets. Sometimes the club later give the media a clue, to get it out there in quashing wild exaggerations with "The club have let it be known that figures quoted are wide of the mark" or "Press reports stating a club record fee was paid are incorrect".

A year later, the published company accounts give accurate information on aggregate sums paid in a season and post balance sheet, in the notes to the accounts and directors report.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because they do not want to disclose them, perhaps?

Well, yes maybe you've got something nobody's ever thought of there........

It is bloody annoying though. Surely the financial details are included in the paper work handed in to the authorities - why can't they just pass a rule that says it must be disclosed - and then disclose it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bloom’s wealth is also undisclosed perhaps it’s how he prefers to do business.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well, yes maybe you've got something nobody's ever thought of there........

It is bloody annoying though. Surely the financial details are included in the paper work handed in to the authorities - why can't they just pass a rule that says it must be disclosed - and then disclose it?

Why do you need to know so badly?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Why do you need to know so badly?

I'd like to know, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter who spent what.

This piece from planetfootball.com looks at the correlation between amount spent and final league position.

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/investigating-whether-link-transfer-spend-pl-position/

Wolves and Fulham beware, splashing the cash don't mean a thing. Although last year we were the expception, 15th highest spenders who finished 15th.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here