Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Bit of a long shot, but thought I'd ask...

I've got one of these on my TT bike as its a BB30 frame and I needed to use an old Shimano crank set on it:-

http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/ProductRange/Product/Default.aspx?pc=2&pt=46&pg=7853

I've just got a new (well, nearly new) BB30 crank set for it and I was wondering in anyone knew if the bearings that come with the adapter set are normal BB30 bearings so I can use them with the new crank set or if I'll need to get a new BB30 bearing set? Had a Google, but can't find any specific details on the bearings.

Suspect it will be a new bearing set but thought it was worth asking before I start dismantling!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I don't want to answer for armchairclubber, but it's a real shame when just one sad case can really ruin the Strava experience for another cyclist.

Not sure how the Strava investigation process works, but if they require evidence from anyone riding with the victim of constant flagging then I for one would vouch for armchairclubber, having seen him in action enough times. I hope this pathetic state of affairs gets sorted soon.
I've had a kom flagged. Initially you can just click "trust me it's ok" and it gets reinstated. I've never actually had to go any further than that so not sure what happens next.

I also flagged something today - lost a 2.30 kom to a 1.15. Looks like the bloke left it running in the car as he averaged 13mph but 49mph for the last 10 miles!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had new cleats for last Wednesday's and I don't think they were quite right.
I think this in turn skewed me round a bit causing my hamstrings to now feel a bit 'twangy', and my left bum cheek is tender :shrug:
Anyway there is a point to all this bibbling:-

Myself, if fit enough, and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] should be heading over to Ditchling Wednesday morning, as he has never Beaconed.

Anyone skiving off work and wanting to join us is obviously more than welcome.
I'm guessing pick up points will be The Frankland Arms Washington, The Rising Sun Upper Beeding and the Poynings/Fulking roundabout, at times to be confirmed.

Would I be right in thinking those unable to ride agree with me that as it's the boy banjo's first ride, we should also honour the ToB route and have a little jaunt up Bear Road too.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah I saw, very funny.

I just took it down in case the strava referees take a dim view. If anyone missed it and is interested, it said: Well, I'm not good enough to be flagged so its a bit a back-handed compliment really. Whoever it is is obviously a ****wit cock-smoker though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds intriguing...how can I find out what you are talking about.

And yes, Bear Road must be included, along with Wilson Avenue, Elm Grove and Falmer Road.

:)

Not that we'd do them on Wednesday but for future reference, as someone from Greater Sussex, is it possible to do Brighton's other climbs, coming down from Ditchling, without arsing around through traffic.
Your ride last week looked like a bit of a navigational ballache.

Hanging a left into Bear then looping round to the seafront is nice and easy, but it does mean the ride itself only has 2 decent climbs.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not that we'd do them on Wednesday but for future reference, as someone from Greater Sussex, is it possible to do Brighton's other climbs, coming down from Ditchling, without arsing around through traffic.
Your ride last week looked like a bit of a navigational ballache.

Hanging a left into Bear then looping round to the seafront is nice and easy, but it does mean the ride itself only has 2 decent climbs.

After Bear Road, continue on through Woodingdean, turning left at McWilliam Road. Then descend Bexhill Road and continue on to the seafront at Rottingdean. Turn right, head along to Roedean then up Wilson Avenue. Descend Bear Road, turn left at the bottom, then left again up Elm Grove. Descend Wilson Avenue, back into Rottingdean, then straight up Wilson Avenue, and over the top to the Amex.

Easy. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After Bear Road, continue on through Woodingdean, turning left at McWilliam Road. Then descend Bexhill Road and continue on to the seafront at Rottingdean. Turn right, head along to Roedean then up Wilson Avenue. Descend Bear Road, turn left at the bottom, then left again up Elm Grove. Descend Wilson Avenue, back into Rottingdean, then straight up Wilson Avenue, and over the top to the Amex.

Easy. :)
I might have to write that on my top tube :lolol:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I had new cleats for last Wednesday's and I don't think they were quite right.
I think this in turn skewed me round a bit causing my hamstrings to now feel a bit 'twangy', and my left bum cheek is tender :shrug:
Anyway there is a point to all this bibbling:-

Myself, if fit enough, and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] should be heading over to Ditchling Wednesday morning, as he has never Beaconed.

I'm guessing pick up points will be The Frankland Arms Washington, The Rising Sun Upper Beeding and the Poynings/Fulking roundabout, at times to be confirmed.

Would I be right in thinking those unable to ride agree with me that as it's the boy banjo's first ride, we should also honour the ToB route and have a little jaunt up Bear Road too.

Thank you kindly Stat for calling me a boy but I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, oh and Ditchling and Bear Road will be just fine for Wednesday.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Any idea when you might be going past Steyning?

Depending how work goes today I could possibly ride out over Titch Hill, down the Bostal and meet you guys there. Or just The Rising Sun if it's easier.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Only day off this week. And 50 mph winds. :rant:

Does anyone else feel this has been a particularly windy spring? Maybe it is only like this on a Tuesday, as that is normally a day off for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any idea when you might be going past Steyning?

Depending how work goes today I could possibly ride out over Titch Hill, down the Bostal and meet you guys there. Or just The Rising Sun if it's easier.
We're meeting at the Frankland Arms at 9:20 ish.
As we'll have a decent tailwind I'd imagine we'll be along the Steyning by-pass soon after.
We'll not be going through Upper Beeding, crossing the river and turning left towards The Rising Sun no earlier than 9:30.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Does anyone else feel this has been a particularly windy spring? Maybe it is only like this on a Tuesday, as that is normally a day off for me.
Previously I've had runs like that.
One crap day a week and that happens to be on your day off.

You have my sympathies.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

It has been a 100% rubbish spring!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Hey [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] what's going on with all the 'flagging' of your rides on Strava.
I dare not ask over there for fear of picking up the troll.

That segment you blasted through must have been perfect with the wind direction.
It would have been impossible not to light it up.

John, there's an Eastbourne Rovers guy who make's it his lifes work to win every segment KOM in Eastbourne, Bexhill and surrounding areas. If he loses it he either goes out same day to reclaim or flags your whole ride, which wipes everything from your updated stats. Very frustrating, a few of us been targeted, I've had 5 rides (about 400k and 4000m) flagged in last 3 weeks, all because of his little segments. Strava becomes a waste of time.
He doesn't appear to have entered [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] territory yet though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here