Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure whether injured, would have thought so as I would expect him to have a place on the bench in front of Watto

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh dear. Poor Kerry, paying for the Cardiff performance was he Tank?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
So, let me understand this.
We are playing a team 3rd in the table (good side)
Mayo available for sellection
Cox gets picked for the bench (and Watto)
Mayo doesn't even make the starting 16

Is there a story to be told here?

I think Jonah was the scapegoat [or should that be scapesheep]

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A tactical shake-up. History shows Kerry plays better when fighting his way back into the team. It gives encouragement to one of the most promising of the new batch of youngsters. And Watto realises he hasn't been forgotten.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Hopefully he was in talks with Peacehaven, with a view to playing for his local team. However, I'm not convinced that he's good enough to make an impact at that level.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Binney_on_acid said:
Hopefully he was in talks with Peacehaven, with a view to playing for his local team. However, I'm not convinced that he's good enough to make an impact at that level.
Mmmmm :shootself

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO MM was prperaed to go through the game without using many subs and picked the team acoordingly. Cox was probably put on the bench just for experience with no hope of getting on.
He hasn't made up his mind about a new contract for Paul Watson and he is no better or worse than Mayo so why not have him on the bench.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Binney_on_acid said:
there people go again
knocking our own players

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We have got a squad. McGhee can swap and change the players around depending on the opponents.

Horses for courses.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Light-Mayonnaise.jpg

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Withdean Wanderer said:
needs to lose weight or something. or so i heard

Every player has a 'weight goal' and is afforded the common sense to keep within it. There certainly are spot checks and some times a player who hasn't cared about his food consumption will fall foul of it.

MM has been known to drop players who have not met their weight target and so have previous managers.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I don't think we should read anything into this and I personally think its good for MM to use different players, especially since we have lost a couple of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here