Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A twit tweets on Twitter. Looks like a failed attempt at being clever. Nothing to see here.
It really beggars belief that people like you absolutely point blank refuse to hold MPs on your own side to account. You'd much rather just blame it on those nasty remainers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A twit tweets on Twitter. Looks like a failed attempt at being clever. Nothing to see here.

Are you anti-twitter? I don’t use my account because I simply have nothing I wish to share but I follow a few people, some for laughs, somemfor interesting opinion, some for news and inside info on parliament.
Don’t dismiss something simply because you don’t understand it. You limit yourself and get taken just that little bit less seriously.

Twitter is to be used as part of a balanced media diet.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Spread the fear hope to get it stopped. Something your mob have been doing since before and after the referendum.

Any response regarding what happens if there is no deal. I expect waffling drivel but maybe you will surprise me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It really beggars belief that people like you absolutely point blank refuse to hold MPs on your own side to account. You'd much rather just blame it on those nasty remainers.

OK clever-clogs, tell me in simple words just exactly how I, an ordinary citizen, can 'hold an MP to account'? Do we have some unknown powers that we should be using?

Oh yes, of course - elections. In a few year's time. Recommendations on how a leaver should vote when the options are a Tory who voted remain and is doing his/her best to hamper/overturn Brexit, a Labour candidate who is equally pro-EU, a Lib.Dem, (fanatically committed Europhile) or Green (even more fanatically committed Europhile)?

It's you who can't face facts. A majority of MPs are against Brexit (are you seriously in denial about that? I mean, seriously!); some are doing the honourable thing and accepting it and trying to move it forward, but many more are hindering the negotiations and tying the Government's hands behind its back whenever they can. And the Lords are hell-bent on sabotaging it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
OK clever-clogs, tell me in simple words just exactly how I, an ordinary citizen, can 'hold an MP to account'? Do we have some unknown powers that we should be using?

Oh yes, of course - elections. In a few year's time. Recommendations on how a leaver should vote when the options are a Tory who voted remain and is doing his/her best to hamper/overturn Brexit, a Labour candidate who is equally pro-EU, a Lib.Dem, (fanatically committed Europhile) or Green (even more fanatically committed Europhile)?

It's you who can't face facts. A majority of MPs are against Brexit (are you seriously in denial about that? I mean, seriously!); some are doing the honourable thing and accepting it and trying to move it forward, but many more are hindering the negotiations and tying the Government's hands behind its back whenever they can. And the Lords are hell-bent on sabotaging it.

Well if it was me, I'd hold my own side to account by moving the narrative along from constantly whining and bitching at people who don't agree with me and never have, to demanding that those who advocated Brexit actually deliver something BETTER than what we already have.

What facts am I struggling to face then? I get that the vote was won by leave, but I am holding my own side to account to constantly show everyone what a disaster it is likely to be. I'd be far more concerned if they all just crossed their arms and watched it unfold just so they could say "told you so". You should be demanding Brexiteers deliver a proper Brexit that improves the nation. Their incompetence so far means that is looking highly unlikely, and stubborn "you lost get over it" people like you are just accepting it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really looking forward to getting this Good Deal - only 11 weeks to go. Yippee!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And god knows who is financing them , apart from the taxpayer of course, and in what interests apart from their own are they run
If we follow the money I'm pretty sure where the winding eastwards trail will eventually lead.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That's really true though, is it.

Let's look at what MoS said

There's a reason they didn't want to include him. - True, he wasn't part of the official Leave campain
It's the same reason he couldn't make it in The Tory Party in the early 1990's and left. Partly true - he did leave the Tory party but it may not have been because he couldn't make it as an MP. He certainly has ambitions there he's stood for parliament seven times

Brexit happened despite him, not because of him. True, see point 1

Granted, he appealed to a lot of people, but he was a populist, chancing, nasty, oddball, charlatan.- Personal opinion
It wasn't just to drag Cameron over the line to hold a referendum that Reckless and Carswell joined UKIP - it was to detoxify it and legitimise it as well. True - Carswell, in particular, loathes Farage and made it plain that he opposed his vision

Most of my friends voted leave - they have exactly the same opinion of Farage as I do. True - he should know what his friends think

Brexit happened because of The Tories being at war for 25 years after Thatcher over Europe,
True - remember John Major's troubles
aided by a right wing press promulgating their anti-EU slant and immigration hysteria, - True, no-one can deny the right wing press (save The Times) is fervently anti-Eu
that all hit the perfect storm of austerity and it's aftermath - True

He can sit there now, massaging his egoo in all it's narcissistic glory claiming that he won
- True
but he's devoid of all responsibility of clearing this mess up that happened despite him, not because of him - True, unless you're claiming that negotiations are all proceeding smoothly and there's no mess

That's ultimately because he's a ****. Personal View

So, pretty much 90% of what MoS wrote is factually accurate and not personal opinion at all, Yes, there are some choice words used but if any politician deserves them, it's Farage

'populist' 'chancing' 'oddball' 'charlatan', 'Tories being at war', 'anti EU slant', 'immigration hysteria', 'austerity and the aftermath', 'massaging his ego', narcissistic glory', 'that's ultimately because he's a **** ,

and you really expect me or anyone else to take this as anything more than a political rant against a politician you hate Bold Seagull said he was a Nazi too ...... righto.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
'populist' 'chancing' 'oddball' 'charlatan', 'Tories being at war', 'anti EU slant', 'immigration hysteria', 'austerity and the aftermath', 'massaging his ego', narcissistic glory', 'that's ultimately because he's a **** ,

You don't think the Tories are split over Europe? You don't think that the Mail and Sun have an anti-EU slant? You don't think that the government since 2010 has been taking measures to cut public spending? Seriously?

I think you should read papers more often and learn a bit about politics because you seem hopelessly out of touch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You don't think the Tories are split over Europe? You don't think that the Mail and Sun have an anti-EU slant? You don't think that the government since 2010 has been taking measures to cut public spending? Seriously?

I think you should read papers more often and learn a bit about politics because you seem hopelessly out of touch.

A useful measure to improve one’s language as well.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

How can you on the one hand give your version of political consequences and demand others to agree, when in the same sentence you include a 'right wing' media that gives their version, they no doubt hold dear their own views as much as you do yours, it's politics.

Back to the point, MoS just put together a scathing attack on a someone he dislikes, so what's new ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How can you on the one hand give your version of political consequences and demand others to agree, when in the same sentence you include a 'right wing' media that gives their version, they no doubt hold dear their own views as much as you do yours, it's politics.

I'm sorry. I've read this a couple of times now and I don't have a clue what this means. I can see what HT means now when he says you struggle with the English language.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

and you really expect me or anyone else to take this as anything more than a political rant against a politician you hate Bold Seagull said he was a Nazi too ...... righto.

Lets's leave aside my choice of language on Farage, calling the **** a **** that he is, that you and others are perfectly entitled to agree or not agree with.

Can you not remember the 1990's and Major and The Maastricht rebels or the '********' as he called them, not my words, and John Redwood answering the call to 'put up or shut up' and standing against him in a leadership challenge? (I could call Redwood an oddball too but that would be an insult too far for oddballs everywhere)

I'll assume austerity hasn't impacted on you personally, so I'll just assume you're ignorant as well as wealthy, on that matter. Ever seen headlines like these before?

1104-1qezpp5.JPG

Daily_Mail_4_7_2013.jpg

Telegraph-front-page.jpg

Of course not.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Back to the point, MoS just put together a scathing attack on a someone he dislikes, so what's new ?

It's more back to the point that you're just talking incoherent drivel again by way of a counter argument to a post you dislike. Do carry on though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here