Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Help an old man confused about Amex parking!

I've never parked at the Amex before on a match day but toninght I've booked a place in car park B - is that the one that used to be called the Bridge?

I'm coming from Bexhill, which side of the A27 is it? I thought it was on the south side, the same side as the stadium, that's certainly where the post code on the ticket BN1 9PW says but on the Travel Guide on the OS it says come off at the first junction after the Amex and stay left on the slip road then turn right at the bottom of the slip road into Stony Mere Way into Sussex Universtity, which is presumably on the opposite side of the A27 to the Amex?

This may be all academic if there are dirty great signs to car park B but as I have never driven there before I don't want to drive round for ages trying to find the place.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim but you'll be old youself one day :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've never parked at the Amex before on a match day but toninght I've booked a place in car park B - is that the one that used to be called the Bridge?

I'm coming from Bexhill, which side of the A27 is it? I thought it was on the south side, the same side as the stadium, that's certainly where the post code on the ticket BN1 9PW says but on the Travel Guide on the OS it says come off at the first junction after the Amex and stay left on the slip road then turn right at the bottom of the slip road into Stony Mere Way into Sussex Universtity, which is presumably on the opposite side of the A27 to the Amex?

This may be all academic if there are dirty great signs to car park B but as I have never driven there before I don't want to drive round for ages trying to find the place.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim but you'll be old youself one day :)

Yes - B was The Bridge. Page 7 in the file linked below is probably the most useful info...................

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/siteassets/201718-images/pdfs/travel-guide-nov17.pdf

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, it's the Bridge car park. Take the turning off the east bound A27, signposted to Stanmer Park. Turn right at the next set of traffic lights, signposted the Keep, and then bear left under the railway tunnel.

Apologies, I've just noticed you're coming from Bexhill. Take the slip road on the far left after Falmer station. At the bottom of the hill, turn left, and then bear left under the railway tunnel.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you are planning to leave the game early ignore but if not may I suggest that post match you enjoy an orange squash and packet of crisps in the concourse ..alternatively bring a good book and refreshments for your car as unless you are parked near the exit you might as well stay for the Fulham game :D

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So it's not me being dim, the directions on the travel guide are wrong, the car park IS on the south side of the A27.

Yes, on the same side of A27 as the stadium.........and mind your wing mirrors in the tunnel !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Finding it is one thing, getting out is quite another as I discovered after the Newcastle game in the Championship. Not sure I'd care to repeat the experience!

That Newcastle game was an absolute travesty afterwards. The sheer level of incompetence was staggering. The result made it all the worse as well.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Any one know what the Uni car park will be like to get out? Taking the 6 year old to his first night game and know he will be falling asleep so do plan on leaving early.

Bad fan in know but would rather be that than a bad Dad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any one know what the Uni car park will be like to get out? Taking the 6 year old to his first night game and know he will be falling asleep so do plan on leaving early.

Bad fan in know but would rather be that than a bad Dad.

I haven't used the Uni car park, but the Bridge was full on Tuesday night. It took us 20 minutes to get out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here